First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL 1997 F-150
Occupation
GPS / Crash Camera Installer
Anyone mated the 3" downpipe to the 3" exhaust, I tried the search feature... The CVF part comes with a 2.5 step down and I'm looking to go 3" the whole way. I'm guessing I need to cut the cat back at the start before the flex pipe. in addition I added a S&B CAI, seems to run ok the way it is, but it is stupid to choke it off from 3 to 2.5 to 3
Sponsored

2021Ranger

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
2.5 will support 500 Hp or more but I’m not sure what disadvantage if any 3β€™β€˜ to 2.5 to 3’’ will have..

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I think @CVF-Jason that they offer a 3 inch outlet and the step down is an option..

That said I think going 3 inches is going to be a performance boost behind the turbo but in the Mustang forums as well as here the factory computer seems to want to throw codes de to the change in flow. I'm not sure if that has been universally resolved. I think there is a O2 sensor 'defouler' that needs to be added (?) but they are 'illegal' in America. Maybe one of those foreign vendors who skirt EPA control can 'help.'
Screenshot_20230515-161531.png

CVF-Jason

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
General Sales Manager
I think @CVF-Jason that they offer a 3 inch outlet and the step down is an option..

That said I think going 3 inches is going to be a performance boost behind the turbo but in the Mustang forums as well as here the factory computer seems to want to throw codes de to the change in flow. I'm not sure if that has been universally resolved. I think there is a O2 sensor 'defouler' that needs to be added (?) but they are 'illegal' in America. Maybe one of those foreign vendors who skirt EPA control can 'help.'
Screenshot_20230515-161531.png
The 3" to 3" adapter actually comes in the box with the downpipe!

OP
OP

mattyblazer

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL 1997 F-150
Occupation
GPS / Crash Camera Installer
The 3" to 3" adapter actually comes in the box with the downpipe!
The adapter is exactly 3" on one side, I think I'm going to cut a slot in it

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
2.5 will support 500 Hp or more but I’m not sure what disadvantage if any 3β€™β€˜ to 2.5 to 3’’ will have..
I honestly don't know if our particular block setup will. Although we're in RWD configuration (think Mustang) I thought we're fundamentally using the Focus RS block which can do a bit better than 400 HP but I suspect the DI system with the single injector is going to be limiting.
Sponsored