First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
bringing this thread back up. So you’re saying for the front bars you can just loosen the two bolts and the OEM bars will come out? I’d love to avoid cutting if I can
No, you loosen them and shove them forward. They move pretty far. I got 285/70's on stock rims. They're miles away from the front bars, even in full lock
Sponsored

DblStuffed

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
I got them out. I ended up loosening the 3 21mm bolts on the bumper to slide the bars out. Also allowed me to get the new Baja fogs out in too

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Idk if anyone even tried to pull the front rears out before cutting them?
But I did. You only need about 2 mm to get them out.
There's absolutely no reason to have to cut them!
A small tap of the hammer and you got enough clearance. Threw a rag over it, tap, tap. Slid right out. If you need to you can take a pair of pliers and bend that little flange back if you want. I didn't cuz its actually flush with the body now.
Just check before you start hacking s**t up! Now I also have the the factory bars sitting in my garage if I ever need them.
IMG_20210320_100057371.jpg

IMG_20210320_105634205.jpg
Are these pics for the rear bars? Is that what you mean my bending the flange back? Thanks.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Start at post #5 of my build thread...

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/project-msfitoy-v3-0.2804/

r85p5wg-jpg.jpg

The last image shows the rear bar and the fender flange that's preventing it from sliding out...later on, I discovered that by loosening the lower fender bolt attachment, I was able to pull the fender out just enough to slide out the bar...
Hmm...looks like your corner panel is in the way more than mine.
Start at post #5 of my build thread...

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/project-msfitoy-v3-0.2804/

r85p5wg-jpg.jpg

The last image shows the rear bar and the fender flange that's preventing it from sliding out...later on, I discovered that by loosening the lower fender bolt attachment, I was able to pull the fender out just enough to slide out the bar...
Yeah my corner panel wasn't in the way like that maybe
Screenshot_20210516-102601.png
cuz of my lift? All I had was the little flange.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Here's
IMG_20210516_102851114.jpg

Not sure what you're doing with the fronts? But here's my clearance with just loosening them and pushing them forward with 285/70's

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm...looks like your corner panel is in the way more than mine.

Yeah my corner panel wasn't in the way like that maybe
Screenshot_20210516-102601.png
cuz of my lift? All I had was the little flange.
Sorry my pic was misleading...I had already unbolted the bar and slid it out to where it contacts the panel to see how little I needed to clear...

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Sorry my pic was misleading...I had already unbolted the bar and slid it out to where it contacts the panel to see how little I needed to clear...
Were you able to clear it, or did you have to loosen the corner panel?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Were you able to clear it, or did you have to loosen the corner panel?
I removed the lower quarter panel bolt and used a screw driver to pry it out and back just enough for the bar to slide out...

Airxforcexone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Update: got those clips out. I think Bc my truck is brand new (312 miles) the clips were just thought then expected. Always have that fear of too much force and breaking a clip. But once I got that done, I was able to unbolt one side of the bumper and have my wife pulled it up a little bit for me and I slid the crash bar right out. Revolted that side and ended the same with the other side. What’s great about this too as I was able to get that plastic trim piece out that covers the fog light, so I could install my new Baja fogs as well. Of course it started a storm on me so I have to go out and finish the lights tomorrow but at least I have this accomplished without cutting.
Now for the rear, may cut those from what I’ve read lol
Good Morning Derrick....was wondering if you could provide a photo or two of this mod you performed. I have the exact same issue and it sounds fairly simple. FYI.......nice Ranger! Mine has only 600 miles on it. Thanks in advance!

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
Good Morning Derrick....was wondering if you could provide a photo or two of this mod you performed. I have the exact same issue and it sounds fairly simple. FYI.......nice Ranger! Mine has only 600 miles on it. Thanks in advance!
There are 6 bolts securing the front bumper, 3 per side. The only tricky part really is removing the plastic fascia / insert in the middle of bumper to access them. Make sure you have a helper when handling the bumper as it makes things a lot easier. Take your time and it's not too bad. And fyi the rears can slide out too with care and patience. I had to remove the bolts holding the body panels together and gently pry them to get the final 1/8 or 1/16" of clearance I needed.
Sponsored