Couple General Questions About Potential '23 Order

R_Willis

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Thinking of ordering a '23 Ranger, my first Ford purchase ever. Was going to get a Colorado ZR2, but 2023 they are not offering extended cab and the mileage is horrible.

So, here is my build:

'23 XLT 4x4 Supercab (extended) (Iconic Silver Metallic)(Black Interior)
FX4 Offroad Package
either 301A or 302A Package
Technology Package
17” Magnetic Painted Aluminum Sport Wheels
Sport Package
Trailer Tow Package
Spray-In Bedliner
Remote Start

Couple questions.

1. Is Granger's 3% under invoice better/worse then X-Plan (supplier) discount? I work for a supplier.

2. If getting FX4 do you get stuck with white lettered tires? Prefer all black sidewall!

3. Technology package - it states 90 days connected nav trial and states Fordpass connect is required. So, do you have to continue to pay for Nav?

4. is 302A the only way to get heated cloth seats?

5. On the dash when showing tire pressures, do you get an individual reading for each or just dumb light?

6. Is gas filler door locked when car is locked or can you press it open at all times?

7. Is Android Auto wired or wireless?

8. With 302A do the side mirrors have the turn signal indicator? It mentions heated/power.

9. No Ranger tailgates have soft open right?

10. How hard is that oil filter to get to? Have to remove wheel?

Thanks for your time!
Sponsored

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Ask your dealer about the the factory spray in liner. When I ordered my truck, he suggested deleting the liner due to quality control issues and delays.

You do not need to remove the wheel to change the oil.

I do not believe you can get heated seats without 302A.

Muddy Fenders

Banned
Banned
First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
1. Is Granger's 3% under invoice better/worse then X-Plan (supplier) discount? I work for a supplier. No Idea

2. If getting FX4 do you get stuck with white lettered tires? Prefer all black sidewall!
Jiffy Marker, or get them flipped at a tire shop
3. Technology package - it states 90 days connected nav trial and states Fordpass connect is required. So, do you have to continue to pay for Nav?
No Idea, things have been changing with subscriptions
dealer installed after delivery at my local ford is a few hundred dollars and looks factory
5. On the dash when showing tire pressures, do you get an individual reading for each or just dumb light?
individual in the menu list
6. Is gas filler door locked when car is locked or can you press it open at all times?
no lock
Not using android auto, dont know
8. With 302A do the side mirrors have the turn signal indicator? It mentions heated/power.
Lariat only??
Talk to Dave, he will force you to buy a DeeZee through shame and some club membership
Do it once and its suddenly a lot easier afterwards

Thanks for your time!

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
See below.

1. Is Granger's 3% under invoice better/worse then X-Plan (supplier) discount? I work for a supplier.

IDK. I purchased with D-plan.

Unfortunately yes. I agree that all black is better. The stock Hankook's always look dirty to me even when I clean them.

IDK. I have a difference trim level.

IDK. I have a difference trim level.

Individual. It updates rather quickly too, at least compared to my Subarus that can take many miles and 10 or more minutes to update.

Unlocked all the time. There aftermarket locking caps some people buy.

Wired.

I do not think so, but again I have another trim level.

Correct.

Many here do it themselves. Many are able to do it just by turning the wheel. I take mine to the dealer because for me it's a PITA location.

Reactions: Doc

Clank

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
About the soft open tailgate, no they don’t have them from factory, but for under 50 bucks you can buy the damper and put it on. Haven’t done it myself, so I don’t have any feedback.

stufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 302a, Technology Pack, FX4

As far as I'm aware, this is for "real time" updates when using nav (traffic, etc). The nav will continue to work for the life of the truck, albeit without live updates that require data connection.

Yes

No turn signals and no power folding. Will have power glass + heated glass. Also, the mirrors are black on XLTs (not body color).

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I think you might have to add the Sport package to all that to get folding mirrors. I have the XLT, 302A, Sport, Tech packages on my 2021.
Mirrors fold but aren't heated.
No turn signal indicator on mirrors.
Cloth seats are heated and power adjusting. I love them.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I have the exact truck with 301a package. I do not have folding mirrors or heated seats. I use waze or google maps, but you have to pay for updated OEM maps at some point. My truck is about 20 months old and I recently got an email inviting me to buy the map update.

OP
OP
R_Willis

R_Willis

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Appreciate all the replies/info.

Are we thinking there will be a '24 6gen version with the supercab? .....or supercrews only?

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Things like tailgate dampers, mirror turn signals and heated seats can all be added if you're looking to have a specific spec vehicle.

As for the nav, if you're using AA do the maps really have a use? Between waze, Google maps, Gaia etc there are better, free options...

I got the nav only because I wanted the other safety features the tech package gave me.

And I didn't want to have to install anything once the truck got here... Well, besides spray in bed liner, bed cover, upgraded fog lights, ditch lights, cellphone mount (from Australia and uses ram mounts into to the dash.)... And than the intake and exhaust, tune... Bed rack.... The list goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on....

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
That’s odd. I too have the same package, 301a, tech, etc. But mine does have the power folding side mirrors. Wonder if that was deleted in subsequent years? Mines a 2019.
when I bought in early 2021, you had to get the 302a to get folding mirrors.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Appreciate all the replies/info.

Are we thinking there will be a '24 6gen version with the supercab? .....or supercrews only?
The rumor is Supercrew only, but TBD.
Sponsored