Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 4x4 Ingot Silver 301A
Occupation
V.P. of Research and Development; Telemetry and Guidance Testing Facility at Aerodytech Corporation, Reno, Nevada
What are your experiences with Costco Tires Shops installing tires other than manufacturer specified? Want to replace the P265 65 17 Hankook ATM's with some P265 70 17's and they wouldn't do it. Is this a hard and fast rule or is it up to the discretion of the manager? Samsclub had me sign off on going a couple sizes up on my leveled Duramax and it was no problem.
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Iā€™ve never heard of anyone able to upsize at Costco around here, all they would allow to install is factory size.

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
As usual, I am a trouble maker.

Costco installed my 255/70/18 BFG KO2 tires on factory BAP wheels, with the assistant manager just asking me if I knew I had ordered larger tires.

I even ordered them in the store.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm sure Costco is just covering themselves in case there's any pre-mature wear on any other parts due to the larger tires. They have a very open return policy on almost everything in their store,heck someone even returned a real Christmas tree and got their money back. lol Fixing ones front end is going to cost them a whole lot more than just a few general in store returned items so I can see why they do this.

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnetic Gray / 2020 Explorer Limited RWD Magnetic Gray
Vehicle Showcase
What are your experiences with Costco Tires Shops installing tires other than manufacturer specified? Want to replace the P265 65 17 Hankook ATM's with some P265 70 17's and they wouldn't do it. Is this a hard and fast rule or is it up to the discretion of the manager? Samsclub had me sign off on going a couple sizes up on my leveled Duramax and it was no problem.
The Costco Iā€™m my area will only replace with factory specified tire size. :explode:

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
One way around this would be to pull your wheels off your truck and take them to Costco. Then all Costco would be doing is installing tires on wheels , not tires on your truck.

OP
OP
Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 4x4 Ingot Silver 301A
Occupation
V.P. of Research and Development; Telemetry and Guidance Testing Facility at Aerodytech Corporation, Reno, Nevada
One way around this would be to pull your wheels off your truck and take them to Costco. Than all Costco would be doing is installing tires on wheels , not tires on your truck.
Tire manager said he would do that. Guess I'l break out the floor jack!!

BobDP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger
I have had oversized tires installed at Costco here in Utah

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
My Costco did it. But my wife works there. Not sure they even noticed the upsize.
Sponsored