Correcting speedometer for larger tires

Mustangman02232

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 ranger
Any options other then forscan to change tire size? I really don’t trust myself with it but Apparently you cannot with the new sct device, any other options or would anyone be willing to make an idiot proof video on how to do it with forscan?
Sponsored

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Any options other then forscan to change tire size? I really don’t trust myself with it but Apparently you cannot with the new sct device, any other options or would anyone be willing to make an idiot proof video on how to do it with forscan?
I have a Livernois Tuner and it's a piece of cake to do it on their calibrator. I know that doesn't help you but if you're in the market for a tuner give them a consideration.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
The SCT BDX I picked up a few months back allowed me to update my tire size.

OP
OP
Mustangman02232

Mustangman02232

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 ranger
I ordered the tune from 5 star and they told me the bdx won’t do tire size on the ranger

all my x3s have been able to do tires and gears

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the tune from 5 star and they told me the bdx won’t do tire size on the ranger

all my x3s have been able to do tires and gears
Funny story I went to 5-star for my tune (about a 2 hour trip) and when my installer took me out back to get my truck and show me how it worked I mentioned that a recent software update some users were reporting a tire size option showing up. He said he was not aware of that, but sure enough, we checked the menu (it was under the additional options or something) and there it was.

I got the bottom tier tuner (cheapest one) so not sure what my model is off top of my head.

Edit: Ok mine is BDX, and the X3 is the newer one. He told me initially I would need the X3 to get the tire size option. Weird yours does not have it? Maybe it needs a firmware update? Im assuming nGage should have it too.

Like I said my installer told me the BDX wouldn't do it, I don't think they were aware at the time a recent update to the BDX had added it. I did not get the impression the was trying to upsell me, I genuinely don't think they knew.
Sponsored

Last edited: