Coronavirus - Ford Assembly Plant

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
Kind of concerned here............
My Lariat Supercab is due to be built on April 6th.
With this coronavirus crap I am afraid they might halt building until the scare is over.
They are already limiting groups to 250 people or less. There is a lot more than that in the assembly plant.
Anybody heard anything?
My dealer says he has not. Not yet anyway.
Sponsored

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Kind of concerned here............
My Lariat Supercab is due to be built on April 6th.
With this coronavirus crap I am afraid they might halt building until the scare is over.
They are already limiting groups to 250 people or less. There is a lot more than that in the assembly plant.
Anybody heard anything?
My dealer says he has not. Not yet anyway.
So far the only thing that's been stopped or affected here is the plant tours. Michigan just started getting affected by this stuff yesterday really so its possible to start affecting production in the coming days/weeks. So far nothing though.

Last night we closed all schools, state wide, until April 5th. All concerts, events, etc have been postponed as well. All its going to take is one confirmed case at a plant to bring things to a halt.

Edit: No sooner than I hit submit on this I got a message stating G.M. is going to be work from home starting Monday. Trying to find out if that is just white collar or all positions.

Edit 2: Only work from home "if possible". Production is not stopping as of now.

OP
OP
DannyL

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
So far the only thing that's been stopped or affected here is the plant tours. Michigan just started getting affected by this stuff yesterday really so its possible to start affecting production in the coming days/weeks. So far nothing though.

Last night we closed all schools, state wide, until April 5th. All concerts, events, etc have been postponed as well. All its going to take is one confirmed case at a plant to bring things to a halt.

Edit: No sooner than I hit submit on this I got a message stating G.M. is going to be work from home starting Monday. Trying to find out if that is just white collar or all positions.

Edit 2: Only work from home "if possible". Production is not stopping as of now.

Thanks for the info.
Jesus! Just my luck. Been waiting for more than a year to order and now this.
Might be May or even June before it arrives

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Thanks for the info.
Jesus! Just my luck. Been waiting for more than a year to order and now this.
Might be May or even June before it arrives
I think you'll be pretty close to on schedule. I would be shocked if production actually closed. Fiat has a confirmed case in their plant in Indiana and it is still up and running.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Was at the dealership today and in small talk with the sales guy it got brought up that Ford is having some sort of press conference later today. He thought it would be production related, though he didn't know whether it would be about plant shutdowns, or just addressing the fact that they are starting to really feel supply chain issues, or something else altogether.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Was at the dealership today and in small talk with the sales guy it got brought up that Ford is having some sort of press conference later today. He thought it would be production related, though he didn't know whether it would be about plant shutdowns, or just addressing the fact that they are starting to really feel supply chain issues, or something else altogether.

Edit: It was the same as G.M. Work from home if you can

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
OP
OP
DannyL

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD STATEMENT ON EMPLOYEES WORKING REMOTELY
Mar 13, 2020 | Dearborn, MICH.

Ford’s top priority is always the safety and well-being of our employees, dealers, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders. Thankfully, the effect of the coronavirus on Ford employees so far has been very limited. In recent days, though, we concluded the issue has taken on a different dimension – and are continuing to act in real time to keep our people safe and help limit the spread of the virus in communities where we live and work. Therefore, starting Monday, we are instructing much of our global workforce – except those in business-critical roles that cannot be done away from Ford facilities – to work remotely until further notice. The action will additionally help reduce the risk of spreading the coronavirus while maximizing the health of our business.

Looks like the assembly line work will keep going on as usual unless something changes

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
They'll be assembling trucks in hazmat suits soon...
don't they typically wear gloves, masks, and safety glasses in the assembly areas anyway? seems like a pretty safe place to work tbh.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Welp, I guess the truck I ordered will either be delivered later due to the virus and plants shutting down, or earlier as dealers cancel orders as the economy collapses. Personally, I'd rather have a later delivery and a robust economy.

OP
OP
DannyL

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)