Cloth seats & soft-touch interior

dano0726

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
When I took delivery (October 1, 2010) on my pre-ordered 2011 Jeep Wrangler, my initial upgrade was an improved headlight package from Daniel Stern Lighting....it was remarkably better than the stock Jeep headlights...best $300 spent on my Jeep.
Sponsored

Ratchet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Yes the bundles are beyond a frustrating mess. Witnessed by how many times I keep going over it jumping from XLT to Lariat. Never getting happy.. Unless I build something that cost 45K. Basically, If you want 4X4 and a nice stereo you right up to the very top. Forty five thousand dollars. I'm about ready to buy a Z71 colorado. I can get the bose, 4X4, full leather for 6K less then this. I don't know if its that much better. I test drove the colorado and its way better then the tacoma. Better transmission. But the Ford's 10/turbo will do better at elevation. Ford is pissing me off.
Your post, sir, is one of the first to mention the COST of a 2019 Ranger. I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought that $45k for a Ranger was nuts. IMHO, it is.

Come on, fellows: You don't think paying over 40 thousand dollars for a Ford Ranger -- regardless of how it's equipped -- is just a tad over the top? I do. What I find really frustrating is the fact that regardless what you pay for the truck, you're going to get the same basic running gear -- a 2.3-liter motor and a 10-speed transmission -- found in the 2WD XL. I "get" that a 4-door/4WD truck is going to be more expensive that a 2WD XL, but $20K? Again, IMHO that's nuts. I sure hope for the sake of those who are first in the queue that they aren't paying anything close to Ford's MSRP.

tugger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 Super Crew Latiat Lightning Blue FX4
Occupation
Register Nurse Emergency Room
I tried upgrading an XLT, getting an Lariat was the way to go.

wa2be

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Ridgeline
Your post, sir, is one of the first to mention the COST of a 2019 Ranger. I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought that $45k for a Ranger was nuts. IMHO, it is.

Come on, fellows: You don't think paying over 40 thousand dollars for a Ford Ranger -- regardless of how it's equipped -- is just a tad over the top? I do. What I find really frustrating is the fact that regardless what you pay for the truck, you're going to get the same basic running gear -- a 2.3-liter motor and a 10-speed transmission -- found in the 2WD XL. I "get" that a 4-door/4WD truck is going to be more expensive that a 2WD XL, but $20K? Again, IMHO that's nuts. I sure hope for the sake of those who are first in the queue that they aren't paying anything close to Ford's MSRP.
I don't mind the cost of these new trucks, as long as I can pay cash for it. I'm 100% opposed to financing a purchase that is this expensive, so for me the idea of picking up a Ranger will need to wait at least 3 or 4 years until some lease-returns are on the market for considerably less cost than the new trucks. Just makes no sense to me to jeopardize my family's financial future by buying a vehicle that will cost $600 + per month. But that's what's considered "normal" in our culture now.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired

Actually, the cost has been mentioned quite a few times, and many members (including myself - my cost will be below invoice) have mentioned ordering well below MSRP. Value is in the eyes of the beholder, so what you get for the extra cost is a matter of preference. Some feel the extra safety features and amenities are worth it.

Last edited:

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
I don't mind the cost of these new trucks, as long as I can pay cash for it. I'm 100% opposed to financing a purchase that is this expensive, so for me the idea of picking up a Ranger will need to wait at least 3 or 4 years until some lease-returns are on the market for considerably less cost than the new trucks. Just makes no sense to me to jeopardize my family's financial future by buying a vehicle that will cost $600 + per month. But that's what's considered "normal" in our culture now.
I am a cash kinda guy. I don't mind the cost but I do want to be able to pay for it when I buy it. But my family's financial future does come first and so I will be waiting. My current vehicle was a leased vehicle and it dropped a pretty penny off the purchase price.

svgrdr

First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
I just wish Ford allowed us to option the LED headlights. Coming from a vehicle that has LED headlights to a halogen is going to be a change I am not favoring.
I came from a loaded 2017 Mercedes C Class with LED headlights and it was a massive downgrade going to halogen, but I got two LED bulbs on eBay that I swapped out and can't complain now :)

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I came from a loaded 2017 Mercedes C Class with LED headlights and it was a massive downgrade going to halogen, but I got two LED bulbs on eBay that I swapped out and can't complain now :)
Obviously not that much of upgrade, seeing as how you couldn't see that this is a 3 year old thread.
Sponsored