First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Igor, those would much more convenient that pulling the seat covers to install the heating pads. And, much much cheaper.

My STX doesn't come with heated seats either. My best laid plans of mice and men is to have Katzkin leather installed, and while the covers are off add the heated seat stuff. But please don't tell the wife. I haven't broken that news to her yet. She's still shaking head over the stuff I've already bought, and I haven't even got the truck yet. :)
Sponsored

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
aren't there heated seat covers?
Yes. In a gift exchange I once got a heated seat cover that fit my previous Ranger and was powered by the cig lighter. Unfortunately, when it was turned on there was a really high pitched whine that I found just too obnoxious, and I ended up giving it away. I'll bet that whine was high enough pitched that most adults can't hear it, including the current aged me.

Deleted member 1634

Now, if someone would just come up with a way to heat the steering wheel!
There are heated wraps for steering wheels too. I considered getting one at first, but I've found my hands don't get as cold holding this wheel as they have with other vehicles I've owned/driven.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
There are heated wraps for steering wheels too. I considered getting one at first, but I've found my hands don't get as cold holding this wheel as they have with other vehicles I've owned/driven.
Thanks! I'm going to do a search and see what's available. We don't have a lot of cold weather, but when we do, I really don't take it very well.

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat, '18 Focus RS, '17 Escape Titanium
If you are handy there are all manner of after market heated seats available - and a LOT cheaper than having someone install them. For example, the Can-Am dealer wanted $200 per seat to install heated seats in my Maverick SxS - and only the bottoms. On e-bay I found heated backs and bottoms for both seats plus switches for $38. They work great. Look there before paying the dealer big bucks. Probably want to install the factory switches tho.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
See I'm more a cloth seat + heater guy. I was able to find mine in that config. Love the cloth seats in the Ranger.
Me too. I have the 302A with heated cloth seats.

Shelpdogg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
IT Manager
My New XLT FX4 didn't come with heated seats and I told the dealer I wanted them. They agreed to install them in the custom shop if I bought it......SOLD!

OP
OP
Igor

Igor

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2020 XLT 4x4 Sport
My New XLT FX4 didn't come with heated seats and I told the dealer I wanted them. They agreed to install them in the custom shop if I bought it......SOLD!
Not sure if it even possible in Canada...

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I looked at heated seat covers and didn't really like any of them. I think they would end up bunching up and generally be a pain.
I'm thinking of having aftermarket pads installed under the factory seat covers. Local installer will do it for $200/seat. I watched videos of installing them and doesn't look too bad but not sure I trust myself with the airbags in there and it being a new-ish truck yet. Besides, I could be doing other fun things with the 4-6 hrs it would likely take me to finish each seat.
Will probably have it done on the wife's Edge first and see how it turns out. Would be a good birthday present since its close, getting cold out and her car sits outside. May keep her warm the whole 5 minute drive to work. :rolleyes:
Installer is pretty good, had them install 4 remote starts on various vehicles and the oldest at 9yrs is still working good. Going to stop by soon and check out what they have and maybe set an appointment.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I looked at heated seat covers and didn't really like any of them. I think they would end up bunching up and generally be a pain.
I'm thinking of having aftermarket pads installed under the factory seat covers. Local installer will do it for $200/seat. I watched videos of installing them and doesn't look too bad but not sure I trust myself with the airbags in there and it being a new-ish truck yet. Besides, I could be doing other fun things with the 4-6 hrs it would likely take me to finish each seat.
Will probably have it done on the wife's Edge first and see how it turns out. Would be a good birthday present since its close, getting cold out and her car sits outside. May keep her warm the whole 5 minute drive to work. :rolleyes:
Installer is pretty good, had them install 4 remote starts on various vehicles and the oldest at 9yrs is still working good. Going to stop by soon and check out what they have and maybe set an appointment.
Hi KJ,

Do not forget to upgrade your altenator and battery for the increased electrical demand. Did what you plan on our daughters 2017 Escape....Glad when the lease was up and we got her a nice 2020 Escape that already had heated seats.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co.. Retired

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Hi KJ,

Do not forget to upgrade your altenator and battery for the increased electrical demand. Did what you plan on our daughters 2017 Escape....Glad when the lease was up and we got her a nice 2020 Escape that already had heated seats.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co.. Retired
Thank you for that Phil. Hadn't thought of that. I'm guessing the Escape was eating batteries since the alternator couldn't keep up with the load? Wonder if I could get away with just doing the drivers seat.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Spinal fusion a year ago, and the heat feels REALLY good on my back when it's chilly out.
You know when I bought my Ranger and saw it had heated seats I was thinking I'd never use them. Boy was I wrong, I use them all the time! Even into the summer months at 103 when I get out of work and my back is aching I turn them on and it's a nice built in heating pad. ?

IMG_2254.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee