Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I thought some pixies were living behind there! Thanks for sharing the video, now I can call off the exterminators and fix the noise myself!
Good was just surfing youtube and watched this one. So definitely needed to share.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I think mine is the driver's side. It's not too bad yet, but it's in my future. Don't think I want the dealer taking my dash apart... It's insane how much cheap plastic is used in those gears. Surprised he didn't regrease the gears too.

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Video would have been better if it included showing the problem it is supposed to resolve and even showed that the issue was resolved at the end.
Agreed. I haven't had this clicking yet, so it would be nice to know what exactly I'm listening for.

I do love the idea of using USBs to open those clips & keep them from snapping shut as you work your way through them.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Good find, first I have seen on the Ranger opened up, I have had GM's opened up before pretty much the same, most of the time the gears are toast and require replacement at least on the GM's. Cleaning might help as a temp fix, as those contact fingers wear so you will be replacing it in short time anyway. So, for the Air Inlet Door Actuator, I would say try it, but the others that are a PITA to get access, just replace it and be done with it, and yes, he should have put a very light coating of di-electric grease on the fingers and gears.

Side story on those finger style contact points, my wife had a chevy blazer which we owned for 12 years, I replaced the Fuel Pump 5 times in those 12 years, with the exception of the first purchase at about $300 just for the pump, all under warranty. 3 of the 5 times were for a bouncing fuel gauge. The fuel level sender on the pump had those finger contacts and when they wore out, the fuel gauge would bounce between full and 1/2 tank, due to the fact that is where tank fuel level spends most of its life.

So, I got it down to having tank dropped and back up in about 1.5 hours, including draining, that Blazer was a thorn in my side and was always in my garage with hood up for something and was glad to get rid of it.
Sponsored