Auto Start/Off relay clicking loudly in the dash

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Dropped my ford off to get serviced and told the tech it was making a louder than normal sound. He said he drove a few other rangers and didn’t think it was an issue. Asked him to order a new relay and we can try and change it to see if it makes a difference. Anyone else notice it change sounds over time and get louder for the auto stop start feature
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No? I am not hearing any noise at all on Auto Start/Stop.
Nothing from the relay box behind the glove box. No clicking? Or popping?

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
I get something that i thought it might be coming from around the passenger seat maybe. Loud click. I run mostly with the stop/start off anyway but yeah i got some strange noise too.

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Nothing from the relay box behind the glove box. No clicking? Or popping?
Not that i've noticed? But then, I am hard of hearing, so I am sure my hearing aids are not picking up everything? Will have to listen harder next time!!! LOL

BRS64

First Name
Barbaros
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Wildtrack
Dropped my ford off to get serviced and told the tech it was making a louder than normal sound. He said he drove a few other rangers and didn’t think it was an issue. Asked him to order a new relay and we can try and change it to see if it makes a difference. Anyone else notice it change sounds over time and get louder for the auto stop start feature
Hçıs
Hello, can you solve your problem?

I started to hear it two days ago after seven months.

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They offered to get a new relay but I never got a follow up. I tend to turn if off instead. It's the relay popping when it's initiated. It's not too loud but still annoying.

BRS64

First Name
Barbaros
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Wildtrack
They offered to get a new relay but I never got a follow up. I tend to turn if off instead. It's the relay popping when it's initiated. It's not too loud but still annoying.
Thanks. I will take it to car service tomorrow, and hope to solve the problem.

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I will take it to car service tomorrow, and hope to solve the problem.
It’s def a loud relay popping sounds. If they have an extra to swap to should fix it. Let me know. Thanks.

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
It’s def a loud relay popping sounds. If they have an extra to swap to should fix it. Let me know. Thanks.
You ever figure this out? Mine started making a clicking noise behind the glovebox when the car starts back up after shutting off from the auto start/stop feature. Loud plastic clicking sound.
Sponsored