Changing splash screen with Forscan problem.

RobmJ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
hey guys,

I was successfully able to fix my missing climate comtrols with FORScan yesterday, and I also made my DRL the fog bulbs (which is kickass).

BUT for some reason it wouldn’t let me change the on screen splash (start up and shut down) background , I noticed their were 2 splash selections and I changed both to diff backgrounds and when I’d hit “write” it would get about 60% done then say “interrupted”

im Baffled as to what to do differently..Has anyone had this issue? Is their a step I’m missing?
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
hey guys,

I was successfully able to fix my missing climate comtrols with FORScan yesterday, and I also made my DRL the fog bulbs (which is kickass).

BUT for some reason it wouldn’t let me change the on screen splash (start up and shut down) background , I noticed their were 2 splash selections and I changed both to diff backgrounds and when I’d hit “write” it would get about 60% done then say “interrupted”

im Baffled as to what to do differently..Has anyone had this issue? Is their a step I’m missing?
Not sure what you mean by two different splash screen sections.

What SYNC version are you running? I'm running 3.4 and only have one. I do have a "Visual Design Varients" section and a "Brand" section. The VDV section is like a theme and changes the look and color of SYNC screens. The VDV section requires changing the Brand to "Lincoln" to get some selections to work.

OP
OP
RobmJ

RobmJ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Not sure what you mean by two different splash screen sections.

What SYNC version are you running? I'm running 3.4 and only have one. I do have a "Visual Design Varients" section and a "Brand" section. The VDV section is like a theme and changes the look and color of SYNC screens. The VDV section requires changing the Brand to "Lincoln" to get some selections to work.
I’m on 3.4 as well. I presume their were 2 diff selections because their is a start up and a shut down I believe . Do I have to enable a diff setting in order to change ?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’m on 3.4 as well. I presume their were 2 diff selections because their is a start up and a shut down I believe . Do I have to enable a diff setting in order to change ?
I don't know of a shutdown screen, mine just goes blank when I turn off the truck and open the door. No other setting change the the three mentioned.

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I know certain screens require a certain theme. On my escape I wanted the gt theme but I needed the gt splash screen set also.

jubalr

First Name
Jubal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Sport
Occupation
Retired
hey guys,

Hey Rob, been searching but do you have a link to the instructions to get the climate controls back in forscan? Thanx

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Executive Pastor
I changed my splash screens yesterday. I tried several. Some seemed to work, others not. I did notice a shut down screen while plugged up and using Forscan. I don't sit in the truck and watch it every time I turn it off, so don't really know how it will operate on a daily basis. But the start up screen seems to be working. I went with the RS screen.
Can't seem to say the same for Auto Start Stop. I disabled it. Seems to be disabled about 90% of the time. Other times, it just enables itself and shuts the engine off at stop signs and red lights. When I turn the truck off and restart, it is disabled again. Go figure....any ideas what is causing this gremlin?>

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I changed my splash screens yesterday. I tried several. Some seemed to work, others not. I did notice a shut down screen while plugged up and using Forscan. I don't sit in the truck and watch it every time I turn it off, so don't really know how it will operate on a daily basis. But the start up screen seems to be working. I went with the RS screen.
Can't seem to say the same for Auto Start Stop. I disabled it. Seems to be disabled about 90% of the time. Other times, it just enables itself and shuts the engine off at stop signs and red lights. When I turn the truck off and restart, it is disabled again. Go figure....any ideas what is causing this gremlin?>
Have seen some of the splash screens, specifically the Lincoln ones needing the "Brand" setting changed to Lincoln. Also the "Visual Design Variant" (scheme) is the same way.
As for the Auto Start Stop, I haven't heard of that issue. There are two places ASS shows up. One In the BdyCM module, this disables it. It also shows up in the IPC module, this disables the instrument panel menus for it. If you only disabled it in the IPC, it will still work. The reason it may work intermittently could be for other reasons, not up to temp, battery charging, something plugged into 110 outlet, etc. There is a list of reasons.
Hope this helps.

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Executive Pastor
Have seen some of the splash screens, specifically the Lincoln ones needing the "Brand" setting changed to Lincoln. Also the "Visual Design Variant" (scheme) is the same way.
As for the Auto Start Stop, I haven't heard of that issue. There are two places ASS shows up. One In the BdyCM module, this disables it. It also shows up in the IPC module, this disables the instrument panel menus for it. If you only disabled it in the IPC, it will still work. The reason it may work intermittently could be for other reasons, not up to temp, battery charging, something plugged into 110 outlet, etc. There is a list of reasons.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the help. I had disabled the AS/S in the APIM module (I think). It was simply labeled “start stop”. Had the intermittent working issue. Then I found the line “Auto Start Stop“ in the IPC. So I disabled it there and retuned the previous one to enabled. The Auto drivers window function had ceased working. I wondered if the “start stop” function in the APIM dealt with this..But the windows ‘Auto” feature still doesn’t work and the AS/S is still intermittent.
Any other suggestions?
I have read most everything in here on the Forscan. Most just say “I did this“ or that. They use slang like Bambi mode, not the names of the actual lines and modules. It makes it hard to follow sometimes. But I’m glad to know we can do these things.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks for the help. I had disabled the AS/S in the APIM module (I think). It was simply labeled “start stop”. Had the intermittent working issue. Then I found the line “Auto Start Stop“ in the IPC. So I disabled it there and retuned the previous one to enabled. The Auto drivers window function had ceased working. I wondered if the “start stop” function in the APIM dealt with this..But the windows ‘Auto” feature still doesn’t work and the AS/S is still intermittent.
Any other suggestions?
I have read most everything in here on the Forscan. Most just say “I did this“ or that. They use slang like Bambi mode, not the names of the actual lines and modules. It makes it hard to follow sometimes. But I’m glad to know we can do these things.
To get the ASS disabled you need to do it in the BdyCM. It is in the battery management system (BMS) section of the menu. Not sure what the auto start stop is in the APIM module. You may need to reset the auto window function. Don't need Forscan, I believe there is a procedure in the manual. I needs to be done if battery disconnected.

Not all the options are available on our Rangers and some are mode trim/option available only. Be careful and back up, so you can reverse if something doesn't work right.

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Executive Pastor
To get the ASS disabled you need to do it in the BdyCM. It is in the battery management system (BMS) section of the menu. Not sure what the auto start stop is in the APIM module. You may need to reset the auto window function. Don't need Forscan, I believe there is a procedure in the manual. I needs to be done if battery disconnected.

Not all the options are available on our Rangers and some are mode trim/option available only. Be careful and back up, so you can reverse if something doesn't work right.
last Week I had to disconnect the battery when the truck got all goofy and wouldn’t start. So, that explains the window issue. Thanks for the info!
I will check the BdyCM module this week. I don’t remember seeing it there, but I did not look down in the Battery Management Systems.
I have read several say they back up each module. I only saw the one option to back up when I first connected to the truck. Am I missing something? And I don’t see how to reinstall the backed up data. I wouldn’t mind starting over from the start, but not sure how to do this.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
last Week I had to disconnect the battery when the truck got all goofy and wouldn’t start. So, that explains the window issue. Thanks for the info!
I will check the BdyCM module this week. I don’t remember seeing it there, but I did not look down in the Battery Management Systems.
I have read several say they back up each module. I only saw the one option to back up when I first connected to the truck. Am I missing something? And I don’t see how to reinstall the backed up data. I wouldn’t mind starting over from the start, but not sure how to do this.
You have to back up each module separately. This done in the as-built modules. Not connected to my truck so going from memory, so don't hold me. I believe there is a save all at the bottom of the screen. It will let you give it a name you remember and save the module to your computer. To restore your truck you select restore all and select the backup file you saved previously. Then do a write all. Always make a new backup after any changes with a new name so you can roll back to your previous settings that worked if you have too. There is a good video that explains all this. It is linked in on of the Forscan threads. I'm on my tablet so it is hard for me to link anything. You can get the as-built data for you truck but you need to be able to work with delimited text files to make it of much use. Also requires editing the Hex data in the as-built modules. No for the faint of heart.
Sponsored