First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Is this worth it or snake oil? Other recommendations?

I know it ain’t cheap just looking long term..
Sponsored

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
I ceramic coat all of my cars and trucks. It’s well worth the money when applied correctly. Water, mud and gunk literally don’t stick

OP
OP
canyonslicker

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I ceramic coat all of my cars and trucks. It’s well worth the money when applied correctly. Water, mud and gunk literally don’t stick
I go through brushy areas will it help protect scratches? I know it’s not an armor coat but any help is great. Looking at 4 coats on the paint..

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
The 9H hardness is misleading. It’s only microns thick so that layer could be that hard but it’s more a sealant than anything else. Don’t get me wrong though. When applied properly they can last years. Good products do cost more because the concentrations are higher. Do a little research and that will be spoken of.

OP
OP
canyonslicker

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
The 9H hardness is misleading. It’s only microns thick so that layer could be that hard but it’s more a sealant than anything else. Don’t get me wrong though. When applied properly they can last years. Good products do cost more because the concentrations are higher. Do a little research and that will be spoken of.
Thanks for the advice, I research the hell out of everything, being a research engineer this is where I landed.. I’m looking for real life experience with this product. Just another cog in the wheel…

Again thanks!!!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Thanks for the advice, I research the hell out of everything, being a research engineer this is where I landed.. I’m looking for real life experience with this product. Just another cog in the wheel…

Again thanks!!!
That’s what I’m using. It’s a process for sure. Clay bar, compound buff and then alcohol wipe. Then cross your Heart before applying. I did a panel at a time. So far holding up nice. This is a graphene base ceramic so diamond hard
11F2892B-B0C4-48BC-B527-433D0DF43CD1.jpeg

OP
OP
canyonslicker

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Yeah it will be done by a very reputable shop. I don’t want to f’ with it..

OP
OP
canyonslicker

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
So by graphene you mean silicone dioxide…???

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Graphene is really buckyballs. Look it up. Pretty amazing technology that is in its infancy.
A good friend of mine does the ceramic coatings. He offered it to me for half price at $750 but right now I have to wait to see what’s going to happen with the fuel issue in my oil with this truck. I will certainly be doing it if it’s resolved or if I have to get another vehicle.
In the meanwhile he told me to use the turtle wax graphene. he told me to use it very thin, unlike regular wax. I tried but it still took me a while to buff out the swirls that looked kind of oily but once I did that baby shines. I told him about it he said I told you not to put it on too thick. Needless to say when I did the hood I did it very thin and stretched it out and it did a much better job.

RecoilOperated

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Is this worth it or snake oil? Other recommendations?

I know it ain’t cheap just looking long term..
Ceramic Pro is fine, just know ahead of time that they outspend all of their competitors in marketing and franchise expansion so take that for what you will. The other options out there (CarPro, Geyon, Gtechniq, Chemical Guys...) can get you similar or better results as Ceramic Pro potentially at a better price point. Also be aware of what the product warranty entails before thinking it's guaranteed (some places require regular inspections, reapplications of a sealant coat, etc) so it may not be as straight forward as it appears.
Sponsored