Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Hi GK,

Drat...cat's out of the bag....The mean old package engineers figure out how to package the washer bottle and then go to great lengths to reduce volume to just less than a full gallon with the only purpose in mind which is to frustrate the vehicle owner....:):):crackup::):)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

You're a riot Phil, thanks for the laugh! I mean, I figured there was likely a good reason for the change, or at least some reason that has some sensibility, but that's been a gripe of mine for a long time.
Sponsored

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came at 50 psi I dropped it to 35 and the ride SUCKED. 4x4 FX4 pkg. I run it and my Durango (Sheriffs ride) at 40 psi (for many years in durango and Charger) at 40psi and have had zero issues. Max psi on sidewall of the dodge tires we use is 44psi. I am the dice rescue team leader and my trunk or back of suv are loaded with gear plus street work gear and if I don't maintain 40 psi they are unstable and have alot of front end sway similar to if you had a heavy load in the bed of a truck and the front in raises as the rear lowers. Dangerous to drive that way for any distance. I'm also the senior Advanced driving instructor at the dept so before anyone jumps on me and says read the sticker or read the sidewalls one or the other, I read both, trust my driving and vehicles handling ability and my knowledge. The mileage on my police veh tires runs neck and neck with the rest of the fleet who don't run with as much gear in the vehicle. If I ran at 33psi with a heavy load the tires would get hotter, fail, and or kill the treadlife. Watch your tires for even wear and rotate them every 5000 miles.

I picked up my Ranger a month or so. The dealer delivered it with 45 PSI in all the tires. Door frame decal says
35 PSI. On the tire it has max pressure 51 PSI. Tires are Bridgestones. The truck rode like crap.
I deflated to 40 PSI and it rode much better, now I went down to 35 PSI..
So what's the deal? What is the proper tire pressure?
Bridgestones
Lariat Extended Cab