Center console knee pad?

FordFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4 Ranger, 2022 Sonata Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Has anybody found a pad for the center console where your knee sits while driving, or am I just being a baby? It’s uncomfortable as hell after a 45 minute drive. I’m talking about where your right knee sits while driving. I’ve tried moving the seat up, and back, but it’s the perfect spot for some kind of medieval torture device.

Edit: Never mind, I should have known...Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D6G5KRM/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_GGSwFbV3RNBF9
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Lariat, color Saber, all the bells and whistles
Occupation
Retired
Has anybody found a pad for the center console where your knee sits while driving, or am I just being a baby? It’s uncomfortable as hell after a 45 minute drive. I’m talking about where your right knee sits while driving. I’ve tried moving the seat up, and back, but it’s the perfect spot for some kind of medieval torture device.

Edit: Never mind, I should have known...Amazon
Got a link please, might help out another member.

OP
OP

FordFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4 Ranger, 2022 Sonata Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Just a wild guess here, but I bet you two also have tailgate dampers......Amiright? Lol!
Naw. I have zero. I got the 2pk because my girlfriend said the same thing I was thinking, about the hard plastic knee knocker. It’s really kinda ridiculous. My Mustang is soft touch, and my F-150 was wide enough it didn’t matter.

bb1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hot Pepper Red XLT
Yes it is needed in this truck

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
I run into that problem in many vehicles, but in my case, it is where my shin rests against the console start aching really badly if I have to drive for many hours. I had a rental Avalon for a week one time that I couldn't wait to turn in as it was causing so much pain. Other than that, the car was fantastic.

I have had to resort to keep a small pillow in the car to alleviate it with some cars.

Having said all that, I have NOT had the problem with my Ranger. Of course it could be that I haven't because I can't move the seat back as far as I would like that would allow my leg to swing that far to touch the console. lol

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I have found that these sorts of products do not hold up well over time. The textured surface of the plastic console prevents solid adhesion and causes the adhesive to fail after a few months and the item either simply falls off or starts pealing away leaving a sticky area where it was. Then you have to clean it with rubbing alcohol or Goo-Gone to remove the adhesive.

bb1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hot Pepper Red XLT
I have found that these sorts of products do not hold up well over time. The textured surface of the plastic console prevents solid adhesion and causes the adhesive to fail after a few months and the item either simply falls off or starts pealing away leaving a sticky area where it was. Then you have to clean it with rubbing alcohol or Goo-Gone to remove the adhesive.
Same. It's really a job for an upholstery shop. I may look into doing that, will let you all know what kind of quote I get if I do.
Sponsored