Canadian supplier that has reasonable prices?

kneeler

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger lariet
Looking for a couple of parts.. side bars / mudflaps etc but I keep coming up with Canadian sites that seem to inflate prices so much more than the American sites.
Eg. I was looking at a Rhino bar.. sells in USA for 300 US$.. I can find identical part in Canadian online sites for like 580 Cdn$. Now I understand the us-cdn dollar difference, but the mark-up seem excessive.
End of Rant

Do you have suggestions on Canadian online sites that have fair pricing?
-or-
What has been your experience bring parts across the border?
Cheers
Neil
Sponsored

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
I guess it depends on what you are looking for, my tonneau cover was cheaper from a local supplier than I could get it out of the States. There are a few online ones like Tdot performance, but Ranger selection is still thin.

I live 20 mins from the border and used to bring stuff over all the time when the $$ was better, still get some stuff over there but shop here to compare first. I consider the bridge tolls, fuel,exchange rate, package pickup fees($5 in my case) etc when comparing cost, also my time is worht something if waiting at a busy border crossing.

All that said there are still some better deals to be had down there and availability is sometimes better too, I have a motorcycle spring waiting for me at the package place now. I can usually get through with around $200 in good without paying, $250 on a good day, but it all depends on the border guards mood that day.

OP
OP

kneeler

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger lariet
I live 20 mins from the border and used to bring stuff over all the time when the $$ was better,
Likewise, I’m about 30 mins from Odgensburg crossing.. and I used to ship quite a bit when $ was better as well. As you said, perhaps it’s the guards mood on the day, I have never been particularly ‘lucky’ :-(. “Please park over in zone A and take this slip inside”. Sigh..

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
It’s not the stores that charge the markup. I have worked in auto parts in Ontario for 15 years. We make a very minimal % of automotive accessories so I’m not sure who is getting it, probably the warehouses we buy from that actually import the parts.

Even with my bit of an employee discount I have purchased many things across the border. Right now I’ve been looking at tonneau covers and even with the exchange they still work out to less $$ here.

Jrnsx

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Try partsengine.ca

Have ordered from them before and it seems reasonably good compared to the USA sites with exchange and shipping it almost comes out the same on certain items.
Cheers

DaRodent

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2012 Fiesta, 2012 Fiat 500 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
You have to remember that on top of shipping, inport taxes and duties you are also adding a Canadian distributor into the mix and they all have to have their pound of flesh.

so I do shop around a lot and if I am heading to the states I will order and pick up at the outlet if I can not find what I want at a price I am willing to pay.

I am lucky in that I can get most things wholesale here.

Tinkerer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XL SuperCab
There's a company in Regina that sell grille inserts, and mudflaps:

Cloud-Rider

I quite like the black mesh pattern on the grille inserts, and they offer them with a variety of options for block heaters / ACC or not.

cloud-rider grille.png

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
There's a company in Regina that sell grille inserts, and mudflaps:

Cloud-Rider

I quite like the black mesh pattern on the grille inserts, and they offer them with a variety of options for block heaters / ACC or not.

cloud-rider grille.png
Never heard of them, but good to have options!

langlais

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger 2019 xlt scab
Well I had my tonneau cover cheaper than I would have it in the usa (us vs can dollar) wich is really good. I asked my dealer for a good deal when I bought my truck and he did. In fact I paid a few bucks more in canadian than the american price. I was really happy. The cover price in us was around 950 if not more and I paid 1068 canadian I was happy hehe. Sure I had the good timing and arguments. But I agree with you that usually we pay a hell lot more than our american neighboors for the same things.... and with our dollar getting weaker you have to buy your things right now before the prices will go up or wait till our dollar goes up but I would not be sure it will do it soon....

Drew Toner

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger lariat
Looking for a couple of parts.. side bars / mudflaps etc but I keep coming up with Canadian sites that seem to inflate prices so much more than the American sites.
Eg. I was looking at a Rhino bar.. sells in USA for 300 US$.. I can find identical part in Canadian online sites for like 580 Cdn$. Now I understand the us-cdn dollar difference, but the mark-up seem excessive.
End of Rant

Do you have suggestions on Canadian online sites that have fair pricing?
-or-
What has been your experience bring parts across the border?
Cheers
Neil
I live in Alberta, and just used TDOT performance for all whole wack of stuff. Back flip tonnea, AVS Bug deflctor II, rough country level kit, husky liners, Weston nerf bars and Weston lights.
Price's where very comparable to anywhere, shipping was very fast and free, and talking to the order desk was pretty good. I paid less than $2800 for all of the above items. I recommend TDOT!!
Drew

Last edited:

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I just used TDOTPerformance for ordering my tonneau cover from Extang. It had to be built. I was little dismayed I was charged an additional $106 dollars for shipping, when I thought shipping was free, but maybe it was my fault for not reading the fine print. They say 25 to 30 business days for delivery. We will see how they do.

Drew Toner

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger lariat
I just used TDOTPerformance for ordering my tonneau cover from Extang. It had to be built. I was little dismayed I was charged an additional $106 dollars for shipping, when I thought shipping was free, but maybe it was my fault for not reading the fine print. They say 25 to 30 business days for delivery. We will see how they do.
That's very odd, I bought thousands from Tdot, including hard tonneau and running boards, and never paid a dime for shipping! And I live in northern Alberta.
I would talk to them about those costs, I'm sure it was a mistake!
Drew

Byngsboys

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightening Blue Ranger XLT, 302A, FX4, Tow and Technology/ 2005 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all:
I've been looking about for Ranger stuff.
So far I've found many of the things I'm looking for at Action Truck (Tonneau, Mud flaps, AVS Bugflector, floor mats). I've also purchased from Partsengine (Westin Nerf) and Quattro Tires. Currently I believe they are all currently offering free shipping.
I've been happy with the service I've received in the past.
I've notices some of the mods being done in the states takes some doing to find up here.
My next adventure is to upgrade my XLT to full LEDs.
Take care,
Kris

TommyAtomic

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I just bite the bullet and order straight from the US. I pay the duty even though I remember whe autoparts made i the US were duty free through Nafta. And then I bitch about it until i remember how much of a shitshow it is south of the border.

I do have fair luck finding things listed on amazon.ca

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
I used Amazon and EBay and had good results
Sponsored