First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
To my point of view .... the bigger the trailer you pull ... the more careful you'll need to be. After you pull it awhile, you'll get comfortable and maybe put yourself in a "Tail wagging the dog" situation. Just adjust your speed and keep your attention on the job at hand.
Sponsored

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
Found this video ... not sure if it's all true cause it came from the "great and all knowing NET", but, explains lots of variables about towing.

Having said that, I think towing is still about common sense ... don't worry if your truck can "Tow" this ... worry about if you can.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Scanned through this thread and didn't see four questions asked or answered. If I missed it, my apologies.

Over what terrain? Flat coastal or mountainous?
Over what road? Paved highway or are you off-road boondocking?
Over what distance? Local camping near the house or cross country touring?
Over what frequency? Occasional weekends or we live out of the trailer now?

Reason I ask, and I understand that it may be a bit of a sliding scale between some of these points, is that while you may be well with in the specs of the truck and trailer and the skill of the driver, the environmental factors listed above will shift potential enjoyment of pulling the trailer by increasing things you have to compensate and compromise on like time, speed, and fuel economy going over mountain passes for example.

These four questions get more at the "just be cause you can, does it mean you should" question and I think that is where your wife is having concerns.
Sponsored