Bye bye F150 hello Ranger

jeffe

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Lincoln MK VIII, '19 Ranger XLT, Magnetic, 2WD CC, Sport pkg, towing pkg, rear locker.
Occupation
CPO, USN Retired, Retired AT&T Field Tech
Welcome aboard Greg! O-H!! (gawd, do I need some football!)
Sponsored

OP
OP
GregM

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Welcome aboard Greg! O-H!! (gawd, do I need some football!)
Thanks Jeffe I-O
Don't Look good for BIG this season. Stupid quick reaction from proper ill informed people.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
I have had many f150's so stepping down to a smaller truck was a little sobering to say the least. Been following this forum for awhile and with ridiculous money thrown at the 2018 F150 it was time to make the move since I have had a fond liking to this truck.
It's a 2020 FX4 Lariat in Saber sport package. Just had rhino bed liner installed today and it came out great.
So just wanted to say Howdy and let the bug begin. Ha Ha

welcome!! I also stepped down from the F150 -- great truck but more than I needed..... hop you love the truck!

6F3B2DAA-1178-43C7-AA3B-4BF15B903054.jpeg

96A75E74-D92D-44D6-BAE8-8184BBB9BB1E.jpeg

4262A00B-A99C-4E85-8945-856BE24F98F7.jpeg

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
Congratulations you will not be sorry for the change. Minus the 36 gallon tank I am more than pleased with the change over.:like:
that's one thing I REALLY miss about my F150 -- 500 mile range with the 36 gallon tank was nice but there's always trade offs.....

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Did the same Greg. As the parking lots got smaller, and the spaces tighter in my town I knew something had to give. So, out of my beloved F-150 to order a Ranger. But, it wasn't an easy decision. It's quite hard to replace an F-150 Platinum, but I think the Ranger will do an admirable job.

During the interim I have been driving a '92 Toyota Pick-Up. So that should make the transition to the Ranger much easier. :)

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
for me it was the parking garages at work --- that F150 just doesn't fit well in those tiny Prius sized spaces... the ranger fits my lifestyle a lot better, I miss the F150 but Im getting to really love the ranger.

Shadowdraxx

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Bum
gz mate, I came "down" from a 2020 Mustang GT and I thought I might really miss it but im loving my Ranger so far!

aslusers

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Orange SuperCrew FX4 Trailer Tow 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome on board! Agree with the rest of Saber Ranger owners! Best color ever! Saw this on the dealership with options that I do not need. Just got to have this truck! Could not resist the color of saber. Already put 8K on it since March 2020. Love it so much

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Did the same Greg. As the parking lots got smaller, and the spaces tighter in my town I knew something had to give. So, out of my beloved F-150 to order a Ranger. But, it wasn't an easy decision. It's quite hard to replace an F-150 Platinum, but I think the Ranger will do an admirable job.

During the interim I have been driving a '92 Toyota Pick-Up. So that should make the transition to the Ranger much easier. :)

When I had my business back east I always had F 150's. I carried a lot of weight and ladders and a Ranger wouldn't cut it. Was also snowmobiling then so many trips up to northern Maine and Canada pulling a 2 place enclosed trailer full of gear and tools.

Funny because I never thought of it as "to big" but I was just so use to it and could park and maneuver it anywhere. Now that I have my Ranger there's no way I could go back to driving that behemoth. I love this truck and it's so easy to park and maneuver through traffic here. I think you're going to love your Ranger when you get it especially since you're now driving a Toyota. lol ? :giggle:

Last edited:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
When I had my business back east I always had F 150's. I carried a lot of weight and ladders and a Ranger wouldn't cut it. Was also snowmobiling then so many trips up to northern Maine and Canada pulling a 2 place enclosed trailer full of gear and tools.

Funny because I never thought of it as "to big" but I was just so use to it and could park and maneuver it anywhere. Now that I have my Ranger there's no way I could go back to driving that behemoth. I love this truck and it's so easy to park and maneuver through traffic here. I think you're going to love your Ranger when you get it especially since you're now driving a Toyota. lol ? :giggle:
That Yota was little for sure Dave. It was one of those projects that I needed to keep me out of the wife's hair. I'm sure you know what I mean. :) It now has a new home approx. 2 hours from me. Right after I put in my order for the Ranger I put that little beast up for sale. Surprisingly I had approx. 20 contacts in less that 6 hours. I told them I would contact them in the order I received there requests. I was on number 3 guy when a young man called, and offered $500 more than my asking price. He ask if that would get him to the front of the line. It made me sick, but I told him I had to wait on number 3 guy to give me his answer. He understood. Thank goodness number 3 guy passed. If he hadn't I would have probably passed out. The young man that made the offer was then moved to the head of the line, and is now the proud owner of that little truck.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That Yota was little for sure Dave. It now has a new home approx. 2 hours from me. Right after I put in my order for the Ranger I put that little beast up for sale. Surprisingly I had approx. 20 contacts in less that 6 hours. I told them I would contact them in the order I received there requests. I was on number 3 guy when a young man called, and offered $500 more than my asking price. He ask if that would get him to the front of the line. It made me sick, but I told him I had to wait on number 3 guy to give me his answer. He understood. Thank goodness number 3 guy passed. If he hadn't I would have probably passed out. The young man that made the offer was then moved to the head of the line, and is now the proud owner of that little truck.
I would've done the same and that's an honorable move on your part Jim as most would've taken the money and not even cared. :like:

One thing those Toyota's are good for is resale value,I give them that. Glad you got the extra money so you can put it towards more mods for your Ranger. ?

iAMHinton

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Supercrew
Occupation
Construction Project Manager
Congratulations you will not be sorry for the change. Minus the 36 gallon tank I am more than pleased with the change over.:like:
My last f150 had the 26gal On my XLT crewcab 5.0 V8... the ranger gets about 96% of the same range on 18gal.... so it was an easy trade off for me.
Sponsored