First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Bill welcome to this great forum and the awesome Ford Frigging Ranger. Don't worry about the tranny as it really is only a few problems that get magnified. I know I got a good one with absolutely no problems what so ever. Enjoy your Ranger and this fourm!

OP
OP
Ironman

Ironman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT, 2017 Jeep, 1969 Plymouth R R
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Thank you for all the welcome replies!

I may have to stop reading all the posts about all parts and things to buy for the truck or tap into the wife's SS money. :LOL:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Like to Thank you for letting me join this site as I have been lurking for many months.

This Ranger is my first Ford I have ever owned in my 77 years as I have been a Dakota truck owner and went to the Ram when they stopped building the Dakota. My daughter n law is a dealer set-up person and after my back surgery could not use the ram and she said try a Ranger so now a 2023 XLT Ranger owner.

Been reading about the problems with the trucks and hope I miss them with my truck and I must say I see there are a lot of very smart Ford techs aare here and that's a big plus for guys like me that are not into electronics.

I still have my 1985 D250 Ram.

Thanks again....Bill
Hey, Bill, welcome to the Forum! Rest assured that the vast majority of forum members love our trucks and have hardly any trouble with them at all! The worst thing that happened in almost five years was a dead battery (at four years plus), so I can't complain!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for all the welcome replies!

I may have to stop reading all the posts about all parts and things to buy for the truck or tap into the wife's SS money. :LOL:
Yeah, the downside of the forum is that people have way more experience in spending money on mods than I have, meaning that I am buying stuff that I never knew I needed before (and loving it)!

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
welcome. The styling of these rangers are more subdued and similar to those of the 90s. Think you made a great choice. Ford trucks are typically dependable so no worries there. I have put well over 1m miles collectively on 4 trucks with very few issues that were not my own doing.
Sponsored