Neil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
not a problem at all.
That's what I figured in looking at the pics, but wanted to confirm. So then the only issue appears to be reinstallation of the skid plate, but it sounds like Westin may be coming up with a resolution for that. Thanks!!

Wyatt_Irk

First Name
Claud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew
That's what I figured in looking at the pics, but wanted to confirm. So then the only issue appears to be reinstallation of the skid plate, but it sounds like Westin may be coming up with a resolution for that. Thanks!!
Westin sent me two brackets to replace the ones that came in the package, that allowed re-installing the skid plate. The only remaining issue is the parking sensors. I haven’t taken the time to look into re-aligning them, but the button in front of the shifter turns them off.

First Ford

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4
Vehicle Showcase
If you have the FX4, then you also have adaptive cruise control, yes? Does it interfere with the ACC sensor?
No, there wasn't any issues and in fact I have relocated mine to put a light bar up and it doesn't have any impact.

First Ford

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, they should. I think I was the first skid plate reinstall customer to call them. They had to send me a couple of sets of different brackets and my skid plate was off for a few weeks until their engineers got a solid set of brackets.

Wyatt_Irk

First Name
Claud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew
Westin sent me two brackets to replace the ones that came in the package, that allowed re-installing the skid plate. The only remaining issue is the parking sensors. I haven’t taken the time to look into re-aligning them, but the button in front of the shifter turns them off.
here is a pic just after installing the brush guard and before I received the replacement brackets for the skid plate.
603F5B0D-7E8C-4633-B148-AAA888207ECD.jpeg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Are these brush guards only attached at the tow/frame area? How is this going to hold up to any resistance from folding in against the facia the second it collides with any obstacle?

First Ford

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are these brush guards only attached at the tow/frame area? How is this going to hold up to any resistance from folding in against the facia the second it collides with any obstacle?
So the Westin Brush Guard I have is attached at same location the tow hooks were and then there are secondary brackets that are attached above the bumper to provide additional crash support and prevent it from just crushing the front end.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
So the Westin Brush Guard I have is attached at same location the tow hooks were and then there are secondary brackets that are attached above the bumper to provide additional crash support and prevent it from just crushing the front end.
That's good to know...do you know where the secondary reinforced mounting is located and what it's attached to?

First Ford

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's good to know...do you know where the secondary reinforced mounting is located and what it's attached to?
You will have to zoom in on the Westin Website Photos but you can see the bracing brackets that attached right below the light plate and they attach behind the dumper. The bumper has to come off first and install the brackets, only to reinstall the bumper and then add the brush guard. It has been a year since I installed mine but I'm pretty certain they installed in between the bumper and the frame.

Screenshot_20201015-212939_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
ISUACE

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Couple of questions here...

Westin:
Deletes/Removes tow hooks?
Bracket needed for re-install of FX4 skid plate? Is this standard now... or do you have to ask them for it?
Parking Sensor issues?

Iron Horse:
Bracket needed for re-install of FX4 skid plate? Is this standard now... or do you have to ask them for it?
Parking Sensor issues?

I'm asking because I want to know what one keeps my tow hooks and skid plate. Also.. has anyone figured out the parking sensor issue?

Thanks...

meistreguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase

Westin:
Parking Sensor issues?

Iron Horse:
Parking Sensor issues?

I'm asking because I want to know what one keeps my tow hooks and skid plate. Also.. has anyone figured out the parking sensor issue?

Thanks...
I have the Iron

Westin:
Parking Sensor issues?

Iron Horse:
Parking Sensor issues?

Thanks...
I have the Iron Horse one on my pickup but I do not have the FX4, I have just an XL. I reused my tow hooks and I don't see how it would interfere with the skid plate since the skid plate does not use the same bolts (I could put a skid plate on mine if I wanted). As far as parking sensors I do not know but I seriously doubt it as each manufacturer would take that into consideration.
I went with the Iron Horse due to cost since Westin, although a great product, was just too expensive for me. I hope all works out for you.
Sponsored