Brush Guard

MHRanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Yes, I couldn't think of that for the life of me. What are your thoughts?
Well, to be honest I didn't really think about it until you brought it up. It's taped on with 3m tape, I'd have to get it off but the good thing is that I can always put it back on.... I think for now I'm going to leave it on for a couple of weeks. Here's the Pic from Westin, their truck doesn't have one on.

40-3985-7.jpg

20191121_155537~2.jpg

40-3985-4.jpg

20191122_092233~2.jpg
Sponsored

First Ford

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4
Vehicle Showcase
Just got mine installed, if you have the FX4 package - can't re-install the bash plate.

Edit - after a couple of conversations with the manufacturer, they are going to have their engineers make new brackets that allow for the re-installation of the bash plate. TBD on when those will arrive. Will re-update when I know more.

20191208_094702.jpg

20191208_094709.jpg

20191208_094718.jpg

20191208_094742.jpg

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Are your parking sensors going off?

First Ford

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are your parking sensors going off?
On occasion, just when I slow down. It seems to act up more when it is wet/raining. There is a button if you just happen to hit that one specific annoying condition that sets if off. I have also installed the grille guard and before I tightened everything down pull it out to the furthest point away from the truck. So maybe if you pushed it close and then tighted it down you might never activate the sensors. It's not a regular thing or annoying.

Edit: it has gotten much better with a 2in lift on the front to level the truck out ;)

Last edited:

V1KT3R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 1990 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Just got mine installed, if you have the FX4 package - can't re-install the bash plate.

Edit - after a couple of conversations with the manufacturer, they are going to have their engineers make new brackets that allow for the re-installation of the bash plate. TBD on when those will arrive. Will re-update when I know more.
My FX4 didn't come with the bash plate but I have been thinking of ordering one for it. Where does it mount? I am wondering if my lift would prevent it from fitting now.

First Ford

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

swampchomp07

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
My FX4 didn't come with the bash plate but I have been thinking of ordering one for it. Where does it mount? I am wondering if my lift would prevent it from fitting now.
Hard to tell, but looking at your profile pic it appears you have a 4x4 rather than an FX4. If that's the case, it wouldn't come with the skid plate.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine from a company called Black Horse. I just cannot afford a Westin.
Ranger.jpg
Hi Guy,

One of the best I have seen. Not for me but very nicely done! Ya done good!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
ISUACE

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still on the fence about getting one.. I haven't yet because I don't want the front parking sensors to constantly be going off and I don't want them just being disabled. Also... deleting the front tow hooks is another problem.

meistreguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still on the fence about getting one.. I haven't yet because I don't want the front parking sensors to constantly be going off and I don't want them just being disabled. Also... deleting the front tow hooks is another problem.
Not sure about the front parking sensors since my vehicle doesn't have them but I still have my tow hooks.

OP
OP
ISUACE

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure about the front parking sensors since my vehicle doesn't have them but I still have my tow hooks.

Did it let you keep your skid plate? I have the FX4 package...

meistreguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
Cannot help you there as my pickup does not have one but I can tell you that it uses the same four bolts that hold the tow hooks on.

Wyatt_Irk

First Name
Claud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew
I also have the FX4, installed the Westin HDX brush guard, lost the tow hooks, and the sensors go off for a few seconds when stopping and when going. Westin is making brackets for the skid plate. I’ve read the sensors can be re-aligned but haven’t looked that up yet. Let me know if you know how to deal with the sensors.

Neil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
I also have the FX4, installed the Westin HDX brush guard, lost the tow hooks, and the sensors go off for a few seconds when stopping and when going. Westin is making brackets for the skid plate. I’ve read the sensors can be re-aligned but haven’t looked that up yet. Let me know if you know how to deal with the sensors.
If you have the FX4, then you also have adaptive cruise control, yes? Does it interfere with the ACC sensor?
Sponsored