First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
No, it's not. The little transducers are just for parking. The windshield cam is responsible for the auto braking
Sponsored

First Ford

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4
Vehicle Showcase
I have adaptive cruise control and break assist on my 19 ranger. Are the sensors in question also responsible for those features? I had a car pull out in front of me that I didn’t see the other day and the truck stopped on it’s own, so I’d hate to mess with that feature at all.
No most of the collisions portion and the adaptive cruise control is all handled by the radar device that is behind the plastic on the lowest air intake in the front. The plastic housing looks like grey vinyl siding. See the item circled in the picture attached. Hope this helps.

20200618_083438.jpg

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
ARB's Summit bumper relocates the sensors up to the new bumper.

Devjones2236

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger w/2inch level kit and Fox Shocks with Nitto Ridge Grapplers 265/70/17r
Occupation
Behavioral Health
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the replies, that helps a lot!

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So I installed it, looked like the sensors would be clear.... But they are not. The front 2 sensors alert every time I go to drive..
I've looked in the display menu's settings and can't find an option to turn off the parking aid. Of course that's what it says in manual.
I'm open for ideas.

20191121_155445.jpg
I thought about something like this and figured you could relocate those two sensors into the front of each side of the bar. Drilling a hole and plugging them in and then tapping into the wires going to the original sensors to hook up to those, but disconnecting the wires to the original sensors. Would love to see your feedback on this idea.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I thought about something like this and figured you could relocate those two sensors into the front of each side of the bar. Drilling a hole and plugging them in and then tapping into the wires going to the original sensors to hook up to those, but disconnecting the wires to the original sensors. Would love to see your feedback on this idea.
I just found this: Ford Legend Grille Guard Sensor Relocation Kit Maybe you can retrofit it into your grill guard https://www.ranchhand.com/2019-2020-fordranger-legendgrilleguardsensorrelocationkit-psf19mbp.html

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessorie...9cVkLAvBv4wsBvUDU9BxAYa_WoRU7WSwaAg6GEALw_wcB

Westin makes a relocation kit also.. not sure if it would work for our Rangers.

Last edited:

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessorie...9cVkLAvBv4wsBvUDU9BxAYa_WoRU7WSwaAg6GEALw_wcB

Westin makes a relocation kit also.. not sure if it would work for our Rangers.
I should have looked first before replying. I think that Westin kit is probably comparable to the other one although it costs a little bit more. I bet they both work about the same except the other one is meant to go right into the steel bar on their brush guard. I don't like the idea of adding those two little square boxes but I think I could drill a hole in those bully bars or about any other brush guard and install those sensors. I just have to decide if I wanna purchase and take that chance of everything working.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So I installed it, looked like the sensors would be clear.... But they are not. The front 2 sensors alert every time I go to drive..
I've looked in the display menu's settings and can't find an option to turn off the parking aid. Of course that's what it says in manual.
I'm open for ideas.

20191121_155445.jpg
What did you ever do about the sensors? I know Westin does sell a sensor relocation kit and so does Ranch Hand.

MHRanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
What did you ever do about the sensors? I know Westin does sell a sensor relocation kit and so does Ranch Hand.
I ended up getting a part that shuts off the parking sensors evertime I start the truck. I haven't missed them.... The switch cost @ $70 I think. Most people will say that they will just hit the button every time to save the money, but I look at it as a convenience thing...

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up getting a part that shuts off the parking sensors evertime I start the truck. I haven't missed them.... The switch cost @ $70 I think. Most people will say that they will just hit the button every time to save the money, but I look at it as a convenience thing...
Thanks for your response. I did the same thing for the auto start stop called the auto start stop eliminator for about the same money. I could've just put a jumper wire in there I found out but when I had tried it I did it wrong. You have to make sure it's turned off when you put the jumper wire in there because it remembers the last position. That's the way to start stop eliminator works.. Take care be safe.

MHRanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Thanks for your response. I did the same thing for the auto start stop called the auto start stop eliminator for about the same money. I could've just put a jumper wire in there I found out but when I had tried it I did it wrong. You have to make sure it's turned off when you put the jumper wire in there because it remembers the last position. That's the way to start stop eliminator works.. Take care be safe.
Funny, I also have the start stop eliminator... I contacted them and thats where I got the parking break eliminator.
Sponsored