Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That was its first service so they had not been rotated before.
Hi Chad,

I have read on these forums of Ranger purchasers have had wheel swaps on on lot units that had not yet been sold.... May be a possibility. You have no idea of what happened to this truck prior to your purchase...

A quick back story. Wife and I had a 2011 Escape and my 2007 Ranger. We thought about upgrading to a Lincoln MKC...so we stopped by the Tucson Lincoln Dealer to see an MKC. We knew it was just a Lincoln version of the Escape but wanted to see if it was worth it for us to change vehicles....MKC did not cut it....but the Lincoln MKX on the showroom was much more suitable. Salesman keen to sell something got a brand new Lincoln MKX off the haulaway that had not been through the Jim Click pre-delivery process, where they hack in this theft system. So we drove the Lincoln and Margie decided this would be a great car. I would never purchase a vehicle from Click that had this system on the car so told the salesman that this vehicle cannot have this POS system installed or the deal was off. We went back out to what was supposed to me our new car to discover the right rear was flat on our soon to be new car. No worry...they pulled another Lincoln with the same tire/wheel into the shop and switched out the tire. We drove home our new car. The vehicle that was used for the swap had a new tire, maybe same wheel installed. The purchaser of this Lincoln had no clue his new vehicle had a wheel removed and my new vehicle had its tire/wheel from the Assembly Plant...they got a replacement. So you have no idea what might have happened on the dealer's lot. I recall some forum member did not like the chrome wheels and the dealer swapped tires on another Ranger to Magentic...

First service for you but likely you have no idea if the dealer did something like they did for our new Lincoln to make the sale that day.

Your unfortuante experience is more than likely due to dealer "tech" than defective wheel studs. Ranger had six studs per wheel...and what are the odd out of a bin of wheel studs at the axle supplier that all six ended up on the same wheel. Highly unlikely.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired
It's AutoNation Ford in the Denver area.
Auto Nation in Wickliffe Ohio are FULL of Incompetent Employees...Including Sales & Management.....They should SHUT their Doors.....Jerks!

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I brought my 2019 Ranger into the dealer this morning for it's first service. They managed to break all 6 wheel studs on the left rear. They are claiming defective wheel studs, I don't buy it but I'm not sure what to think, I imagine it's possible. Anyone have this experience or heard of it? I did do a search and didn't find anything.
They gave me a 2020 Ranger for a loaner so at least I get to "test drive" that. :)

No issues with mine and I have had snow tires on and then off again since purchasing...
Sponsored