First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
that was the wastegate? Is it that noticeable/loud in real life?
Yup. Can hear it from a mile away if I let on it. If I hold to 3/4th throttle it wont have that until I WOT and open it all the way through.
Sponsored

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I’ll try to get a video of it with little to no throttle and half throttle and full throttle so you can hear the full spectrum. At little throttle it’s a slight deeper rumble, until you want to hear it then you let loose on the throttle. Imo fits my ideal of a sleeper truck or just a truck that can scream when you want it to like Dennis the Menace or drive slow with a slight rumble like a good citizen. Also I’ve put 16k miles on this setup from brand new and have had no problems whatsoever and I drive like a bat out of hell the majority of the time. Problem is that it definitely turns heads like owls to hear a truck sound like a tuned sports car @janitorjim

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
yeah I like the sound but what was the whistling?
That whistling? My XLT isn’t tuned like @dondonbabyraptor has his set up but I hear it all the time - you will too. It’s those darn construction workers admiring our beautiful Rangers. ?

wetidlerjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
That whistling? My XLT isn’t tuned like @dondonbabyraptor has his set up but I hear it all the time - you will too. It’s those darn construction workers admiring our beautiful Rangers. ?
Those darn construction workers with their ranger cat calls!! But you aren’t wrong, construction workers aka truck people love the Ranger :crackup::handsinair:

EDIT: and I’m sure @DukeCanBuildit beautiful truck gets way more nods and cat calls, it’s hard being a truck celebrity out there huh? :sunglasses:

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Okay. Here’s a treat for y’all. Roush cai with FP exhaust, and mishimoto intercooler charge pipes. This is for those “warranty” routed people, even though from what I read it really isn’t much of a difference but peace of mind I guess than buying non warranty parts.
3652 = little to no throttle = example of slight cabin drone
3647 = 1/4 throttle
3651 = 1/2 throttle
3654 = 3/4 throttle on high way speeds
3653 = full throttle on entering highway speeds

Don’t mind the shaky video, it’s mainly for the sound just that’s where my phone is docked. @janitorjim hope this helps with deciding.

Attachments

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Okay. Here’s a treat for y’all. Roush cai with FP exhaust, and mishimoto intercooler charge pipes. This is for those “warranty” routed people, even though from what I read it really isn’t much of a difference but peace of mind I guess than buying non warranty parts.
3652 = little to no throttle = example of slight cabin drone
3647 = 1/4 throttle
3651 = 1/2 throttle
3654 = 3/4 throttle on high way speeds
3653 = full throttle on entering highway speeds

Don’t mind the shaky video, it’s mainly for the sound just that’s where my phone is docked. @janitorjim hope this helps with deciding.
Did I hear the factory blow off valve in the full throttle pic? I actually kinda dig how calm this combo sounds. Last thing I want is to attract attention from cops, I have my mustang for that lol but seriously the louder it is the more calm I drive. It is nice driving a quiet vehicle but I do want the potential added performance of an exhaust on this turbo 4.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Did I hear the factory blow off valve in the full throttle pic? I actually kinda dig how calm this combo sounds. Last thing I want is to attract attention from cops, I have my mustang for that lol but seriously the louder it is the more calm I drive. It is nice driving a quiet vehicle but I do want the potential added performance of an exhaust on this turbo 4.
Yup, it’s a very nice power combo that isn’t TOO loud unless you really want it to be. Whenever there’s a cop I just pop it back into D and drive with little throttle and I seem like a normal truck. :turkey:

Ahh, if you heard the blow off valve that would be the Turbosmart BOV vent to atmosphere. It’s a fun little mod for the sound :p

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
The Ford Performance Ranger exhaust is made by Borla. It can be ordered with a black double tip or chrome double tip.

I just made a short video of mine, let's see if I can upload it.

Hey, I think it worked.

Cold start.

If this video is anything to go on, tneyre both the same. I have the one ordered from Borla and its identical on a cold start.

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
If this video is anything to go on, tneyre both the same. I have the one ordered from Borla and its identical on a cold start.
I ordered the Ford Performance exhaust when I custom ordered the truck last year. The dealership installed it for me.

I looked underneath to double check their handiwork and if my memory is right, the muffler had the Borla logo on it.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Yup, it’s a very nice power combo that isn’t TOO loud unless you really want it to be. Whenever there’s a cop I just pop it back into D and drive with little throttle and I seem like a normal truck. :turkey:

Ahh, if you heard the blow off valve that would be the Turbosmart BOV vent to atmosphere. It’s a fun little mod for the sound :p
Man, well that was not as annoying as I would have expected either. Most of the BOV videos are with the hood open and trying to make it go off. So with their BOV in normal driving is it pretty much quiet unless you romp in it and get off the gas quickly?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Man, well that was not as annoying as I would have expected either. Most of the BOV videos are with the hood open and trying to make it go off. So with their BOV in normal driving is it pretty much quiet unless you romp in it and get off the gas quickly?
Exactly. The BOV also activates when you want it to. It’s actually relatively harder to get it to hiss off with normal driving. I feel like you have to rev it up and let go quickly to maximize the hiss. Otherwise, it won’t even hiss much unless you step on it and let off quick.

RBTremor

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang Convertible, 2019 Mustang Conv. 2.3L
FP = Borla

Does it crackel or pop when letting off the gas? Some of the videos I saw of the FP and Borla really popped alot when revving?
Sponsored