First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
okay so I have been nosing about trying to figure out what we can do for gauges...I was wanting to mod my 4.2" center productivity screen in the insturment cluster but no joy.

BUT I think I was looking at the wrong spot! It appears, at least for android users, you can Looks like a bluetooth adapter, Torque Pro app, OBD2AA to activate and port it to your headunit and you can have a dash cluster each time you load up android auto.

Now I need to do this...I might strike out and look around for a bluetooth OBD adapter. Amazon is showing 3-7 days shipping avg.

More to follow...

MEH...figured I'd just order an OBD - MX from amazon. I should have it next week.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
okay so I have been nosing about trying to figure out what we can do for gauges...I was wanting to mod my 4.2" center productivity screen in the insturment cluster but no joy.

BUT I think I was looking at the wrong spot! It appears, at least for android users, you can Looks like a bluetooth adapter, Torque Pro app, OBD2AA to activate and port it to your headunit and you can have a dash cluster each time you load up android auto.

Now I need to do this...I might strike out and look around for a bluetooth OBD adapter. Amazon is showing 3-7 days shipping avg.

More to follow...

MEH...figured I'd just order an OBD - MX from amazon. I should have it next week.
Interesting idea! My hopes of using Focus ST/RS gauges are most likely not going to happen as I cannot find anyone that supply me with the information on how to find the wiring diagrams that would allow me to pinpoint on how to extract the info. I have tried this forum, my Focus ST/RS forum and tuners for information and exhausted Google searches. The info is out there if I could find access to the the schematics

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Process Professional
Interesting idea! My hopes of using Focus ST/RS gauges are most likely not going to happen as I cannot find anyone that supply me with the information on how to find the wiring diagrams that would allow me to pinpoint on how to extract the info. I have tried this forum, my Focus ST/RS forum and tuners for information and exhausted Google searches. The info is out there if I could find access to the the schematics

have you tried focusfanatics.com?

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
have you tried focusfanatics.com?
I have not. I will check that out. My thinking is that if the 2014/2018 St and RS use an analog gauge with converted digital info, the Ranger should have the same capabilities. I would have to think that the systems are very similar. I have the pigtail as well. I'm going to be heart broken if I cannot make this happen

ST gauge.jpg

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing new to report on this adventure and I haven't given up on the project. Hopefully more information on the wiring and shared knowledge of the ECM will emerge over time and make this possible

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Process Professional
I am unfortunately still working on my SYNC3 project as well...I have the bluetooth module, and all the ancillary software/apps...but I am unable to get them to communicate yet. More research is needed at XDA labs on my part in hopes to figure out where I am making my mistake/s.

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M

More to follow...

I do something very similar in my Evora. I use a combination of a GoPoint Bluetooth adapter, Dash Command on Android and a Pioneer 8200NEX head unit. The OBD2/phone passes the info to the head unit wirelessly. I am then able to use the touch screen on the Pioneer to work the app via touch as if was on the phone itself. I know you are looking at doing this with the stock Sync system. Not sure if the stock system would offer that kind of capability. Would be very cool if it did so watching this thread closely if you figure it out! :)

4rd SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT, Ford Performance, Winter-Beaters
This is what I found on
This is probably the closest to what you're looking for on Focus RS site-

Focus RS DIY Gauge Cluster

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport SuperCrew 2wd
Us non B&O radio guys already have a nice spot on the dash to mount some gauages in the space where that center speaker would be. But Im guessing no one has done this yet? Does that Focus ST gauge cluster snap in our Ranger dash or no? I've been wanting a boost gauge as well and possibly a few others like the ST has. But seems not many have attempted it on Rangers yet

DerangedPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Vehicle Showcase
Us non B&O radio guys already have a nice spot on the dash to mount some gauages in the space where that center speaker would be. But Im guessing no one has done this yet? Does that Focus ST gauge cluster snap in our Ranger dash or no? I've been wanting a boost gauge as well and possibly a few others like the ST has. But seems not many have attempted it on Rangers yet
I will be soon. Waiting for my replacement AEM kit because I'm going mechanical gauge.

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It does not snap in the dash, but the cargo tray on the dash is where I plan on installing mine. I'm building a cover that will highly resemble the one used in the Focus ST and RS. Fortunately, I happen to have an ST to use as the model. For me, that's the easy part. Finding the information for the correct wiring to tap into to hook up to the guages is what's holding up the project

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I run a boost gauge on my phone. Works perfect.
50EE956B-8CCE-4DFD-A919-F5A321A9B977.jpeg
How does this work ? Is it an app ? Bluetooth ? Please elaborate :):thumbsup:
Sponsored