First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Hello all, I'm curious as to whats the biggest wheel/tire setup people have achieved without doing a lift on these tremors as I know they are already slightly lifted.

Pictures if anyone has any would help as well!
I think it would help you out if you figure out what wheel you want first, then see what specs are offered and go from there. A shop selling you wheels can also measure things out.

Wider or taller is the other question. Which is your priority. That will help answer this too.

Like others have said, there are TONS of forum topics on this. If you put a 1" level on the Tremor, you can compare to those stock Rangers with a 2" level on theirs. If you are planning on spending over $1500 on wheels and tires, what's another $300 or so on a level?
Sponsored

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
I think it would help you out if you figure out what wheel you want first, then see what specs are offered and go from there. A shop selling you wheels can also measure things out.

Wider or taller is the other question. Which is your priority. That will help answer this too.

Like others have said, there are TONS of forum topics on this. If you put a 1" level on the Tremor, you can compare to those stock Rangers with a 2" level on theirs. If you are planning on spending over $1500 on wheels and tires, what's another $300 or so on a level?
The Tremor is 2" taller than a stock Ranger.

The .8" of ground clearance advertised are the Grabber tires.

Their marketing teams would confuse that with suspension lift sometimes.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
The Tremor is 2" taller than a stock Ranger.

The .8" of ground clearance advertised are the Grabber tires.

Their marketing teams would confuse that with suspension lift sometimes.
I have never measured a stock Ranger so I can see you being right in total lift at the fender opening but suspension wise, it seems to be 1" at the shocks per Robby of Ford Ranger Lifts. I can see the 2" you measured because of the tires and suspension changes.

That said, that means in terms of comparing the Tremor to other vehicles, I think it should still be accurate to consider a Tremor with 1" lift spacer to be similar to a regular Ranger with 2" spacers when researching tire/wheel setups.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
I have never measured a stock Ranger so I can see you being right in total lift at the fender opening but suspension wise, it seems to be 1" at the shocks per Robby of Ford Ranger Lifts. I can see the 2" you measured because of the tires and suspension changes.

That said, that means in terms of comparing the Tremor to other vehicles, I think it should still be accurate to consider a Tremor with 1" lift spacer to be similar to a regular Ranger with 2" spacers when researching tire/wheel setups.
I've measured. It is 2" of suspension lift.

FX4 with Tremor take off wheels and tires versus my truck. Then another FX4 and calculated the tire difference.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I've measured. It is 2" of suspension lift.

FX4 with Tremor take off wheels and tires versus my truck. Then another FX4 and calculated the tire difference.
Well, if you're right, it will be yet another thing to add to the list of items Ford understated about the Tremor. As it is, I think it is such a good package.

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
['21 Ford Ranger XLT (Tremor) , BMW IX Electric
Skinny 33s on my old canyon (2.75" body lift though and had to trim the front fender well). If I do run it on my Tremor, I'll go for these exact tires....ran these for 2 years and really no complaints at all. Drove up to Lake Tahoe in winter handful of times in slush/rain/snow and never had issues. I do miss the "AWD" mode that was on my canyon though.

Falken Wildpeaks AT (255/80/r17).
Screenshot 2022-03-21 182052.jpg

Screenshot 2022-03-21 182030.jpg

And my Tremor (1" front level kit).
20220315_173356.jpg

Fordsmt

First Name
Sven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Ford Senior Master Technician
285s are great, but will a 285 fit in the spare location?
Sponsored