First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab 4x4
Occupation
IT
I would say the scuff the paint, and not take to bare metal. The Line-X needs a little some thing to bite into. Though I have not seen the process in action, I can not say for sure. But at the price point the cost of labor to do that would not be covered in the price.

As the underside is undercoated and with the Line-X, the inside is also effectively "undercoated". Goal is to avoid the rust, and any need for sanding at anytime in the future.
I gotcha. I got quoted $599 plus tax for Line-X premium in my area. Just the idea it's custom sprayed on by someone i don't know just... well scares me. I probably wont plan on keeping this Ranger for longer than 10 years from now so bedrug it is.
Sponsored

t-ranger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x2
I bought the Sportliner from Ford. It's just a Bedrug with the Ford oval embroidered on it instead of the Bedrug logo, Which I prefer! I used my Ford points and paid ~$300. The install kit and document is exactly the same as I've seen for the Bedrug.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Well first off it's not a poor option..it's an EXCELLENT OPTION.....I will not be hauling dirt in mine. And if I did ....you can POWER WASH IT. IT IS MILDEW AND MOLD RESISTANT, ACID ,GAS,AND OIL RESISTANT. ITS A SUPER OPTION. DONT MOCK IT TILL U TRY IT PAL
Calm down, we’re just having a discussion. To each his own, but I’ll stick with Line-X.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I'd probably buy tarps for that case.
While waiting for the BedRug, I used a pair of 10'x12' 10-ounce canvas tarps for really good protection (mind you, nothing heavy, just brush and a few larger 6-inch branches).
Sponsored