Bad Dealers …Baaaaddddddd Dealers…

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
It has roush all over the page, yet it isn’t!!!
All over the page? Out of roughly 2 dozen pictures, a grand total of two of them have "Roush" in them, including the one that shows that it is equipped with a Roush intake. The listing itself does not say Roush anywhere. I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
All over the page? Out of roughly 2 dozen pictures, a grand total of two of them have "Roush" in them, including the one that shows that it is equipped with a Roush intake. The listing itself does not say Roush anywhere. I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.
? ok then … Im confused by this but ok… ?

OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
Confused by what? I thought the reason you posted this was because you saw that it clearly wasn't a "Roush Ranger."
I did … cause how many people who don’t know the ROUSH would buy it and say it’s a Roush’s Performance Pack! I mean it’s not like Roush’s are big like raptors or apparently Tremors .. as this forum has both of those sub forums and we don’t have a Roush one…??

It’s just a bad practice and doesn’t deserve the logo. End of conversation…

If this was a Raptor logo and the Raptor Ranger was out, this would be an uproar here on the forum. But seems no one likes / wants anything to do with the Roush Guys.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Whats that saying about a fool parting with his money???

Anyways, if some tool buys this thinking its a Roush...then the fool and his money applies.

Its no different than those who overpay on accessories
I dunno...if someone bought this truck thinking that it's an actual Roush Ranger, I'd say they probably got the better deal.

wetidlerjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman
I feel it’s the same link, no?
No, it wasn't. I figured it was about cost, etc. All I could see was pictures so I "Googled" the VIN and saw the lack of actually being a Roush truck and the cost was too high. No harm; no foul.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Why did the dealer pad the pictures with a bunch of stock photos of a blue and a black FX4? Also it doesn’t even have remote start.

Strobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
If they were truly trying to sell it as a Roush it would be like $13k more for basically the same stuff.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Dealers being dealers. Like the time I went to look at a new car... thought the price was oddly low... It was never registered but they put 11k miles on it as a run about between their various locations. Somehow managing to kill the tires.

Pretty sure there is a mileage mark in Texas when you can't claim new... But they did it because it was never sold to anyone.

Note: I did end up buying from them, different and really brand new car, when I met the Korean owner who wasn't happy about what happened and who found out I was stationed where he grew up. Best deal in terms of MSRP 21k and walking out paying 14k before the trade in that they gave me way too much for since the Genesis was run into the ground a time or three. Sales dud wouldn't even talk to me after they gave me the car. That was the car I ran for 7 years before letting it go for the Ranger.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
I did … cause how many people who don’t know the ROUSH would buy it and say it’s a Roush’s Performance Pack! I mean it’s not like Roush’s are big like raptors or apparently Tremors .. as this forum has both of those sub forums and we don’t have a Roush one…??

It’s just a bad practice and doesn’t deserve the logo. End of conversation…
I'd agree that it is slightly sketchy to use the Roush logo on the leading picture of the truck. But considering it has been modded with Roush parts, the dealer makes no claims in the listing about it being a Roush Ranger, and it is so blatantly obviously not a Roush Ranger, in my opinion on a scale of 1 to 10 of bad dealer practices this is at most a 2.

If this was a Raptor logo and the Raptor Ranger was out, this would be an uproar here on the forum. But seems no one likes / wants anything to do with the Roush Guys.
I think a key difference is that Roush is a company that specializes in both aftermarket parts and individual models with whole performance/aesthetic packages added. "Raptor" on the other hand is only branding of a specific factory package, and not individual aftermarket parts.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I'm not sure I'd even rate this as a 2 on the sketchy scale. It has a Rousch intake on it, at least. So the use of the logo doesn't bother me, as it lets particular buyers know that it has some branded parts on it instead of just some aliexpress no name junk.

I personally would appreciate knowing all of the aftermarket parts added, because when I looked at the truck, I looked at it for what it is. An XLT with a bunch of aftermarket parts. Did the dealer add those? Or did a previous owner do it?