Ford dealers hitting Bronco reservation holders with a premium

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Sounds fishy to me. I have ordered more than one vehicle from the factory and always had a written quote for the cost of the vehicle before ordering. I'm not sure of the legality of changing the cost upon delivery. If it is legal, you could always walk away, or explore small claims court I suppose.

Edit: I guarantee that I would not pay anymore than what was agreed at the time of ordering.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Sounds fishy to me. I have ordered more than one vehicle from the factory and always had a written quote for the cost of the vehicle before ordering. I'm not sure of the legality of changing the cost upon delivery. If it is legal, you could always walk away, or explore small claims court I suppose.

Edit: I guarantee that I would not pay anymore than what was agreed at the time of ordering.
Pretty sure it's legal: you generally haven't signed anything (legally binding) when you order. You can walk away with no penalty if you want to, but the flip side is that the dealer can also. Ford might require more from the dealers, but given how little interest they've shown in cleaning up sleazy dealerships so far that seems unlikely.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Pretty sure it's legal: you generally haven't signed anything (legally binding) when you order. You can walk away with no penalty if you want to, but the flip side is that the dealer can also. Ford might require more from the dealers, but given how little interest they've shown in cleaning up sleazy dealerships so far that seems unlikely.
True that a contract hasn't been signed so I guess you are correct. I would still walk.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
True that a contract hasn't been signed so I guess you are correct. I would still walk.
oh for sure--I'm just talking about whether they can do it, not whether I'd reward them for being jerks :)

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
I got off the Bronco circus ride (early reservation holder) a long time ago. Found out your buying the Bronco from the dealer not from Ford. The sticker says MSRP (manufacturer suggested retail price) it does not say “price you will pay”. The dealers can charge what they want.

All dealers are hurting with no or very little supply being delivered. Dealers are gonna play the “gotta make money to stay afloat by all means necessary to keep people employed “.

That would suck to see your specked out built for you dream ride and then told to pony up 10% + to drive it home.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
I was absolutely in love with the bronco, I've wanted one since I was kid seeing the old ones at the dream cruise in Michigan. I've had an awful time as a customer trying to buy their vehicle. I stalked bronco6g just to find any glimmers of hope. I can understand the COVID delays but the absolute lack of communication and purposeful silence from Ford soured me on the vehicle. My grand cherokee went up 2 grand since 2020 so I jumped and traded it in for a used 2019 lightening blue XLT 4x4 Ranger with only 16,000 miles on it. Best decision I've made in a long time!! Been planning trips and different builds I want to do to it (#1 being the Ford performance tuning that gives me 330hp and 370lbs of torque, since I'm a lead foot). Forget the Bronco for 2-3 years, it's a giant depressing cluster Fuck! I love my Ranger

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

I've had the same experience Kent. I ordered almost every one of my F150s from the factory and have always had a written quote of what it will cost. Never have I went to pick up my truck and the price was different, even on my '16 Tacoma.

I guess now that dealers are hurting with sales from the chip shortage some think they can add whatever they what to the price when it arrives. What stinks is if you walk away they will find a sucker who will buy it so in the end they win. It's hard now a days but find a reputable/honest dealer but if you can stick with them. That's another reason I'm traveling 1,400 miles to IA to get my Bronco. No ADM and everyone who has received theirs so far has said it was exactly as advertised. Invoice pricing and $2,000 off if you had their October reservation special.
Sponsored