AVS Aeroskin LightShield Hood Protector

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I'm not impressed with this thing at all. The lights are just a LED stick on that slaps on the front so you can see the whole thing where as in the picture on the website it looked like they were mounted LED's in the rear.

Biggest issue is the wiring. The wire itself is cheap 18 gauge speaker wire the red and red/black stuff. No protective cover over the wire. They show a quick diagram routing the wire along the hood and that's it. Then it says attach to marker light wires and gives you 2 of the cheapest wire splice plugs I've ever seen. For someone who doesn't know much about vehicles it doesn't show at all where the marker light wires even are. I just plumbed into the marker light that goes into the headlight (with proper attachments and shrink wrap) but I'm sure there is a better spot.

I thought for 150 bucks this would be much nicer and professional looking but I guess I shouldn't expect that from AVS. I wouldn't pay more than 40 bucks for this looking back.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Indy650

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Was I the only dummy to fall for this beautiful piece of artwork? On a better note here is a pic of flat black tailgate lettering on hot pepper red. Looks pretty good, I think.

Untitled.png

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Was I the only dummy to fall for this beautiful piece of artwork? On a better note here is a pic of flat black tailgate lettering on hot pepper red. Looks pretty good, I think.

Untitled.png
Looks very good. Beautiful Ranger!

OP
OP
Indy650

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
thanks! I really like the saber Ranger too but I love orange and this one was in stock

Last edited:

greencoconut

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Iconic Silver
Would you mind posting pics of how you wired the sucker? Cant seem to find good instructions anywhere.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired

Untitled.png
Dummy number 2 right here, thank you, and I felt exactly the same as you. I was expecting rear mount LED lights, not a cheesy stick on. Surprisingly once on, it does look better than I expected, and your truck looks great which brings me hope, if I ever get it installed.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Lights will get wired tomorrow.
CgEl3BD.jpg

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle

Untitled.png
Bug guard looks great! What I really like is your Outlaw. Don't see them often.
1621286935241.png

nolan62

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
IT Engineer
Dummy number 2 right here, thank you, and I felt exactly the same as you. I was expecting rear mount LED lights, not a cheesy stick on. Surprisingly once on, it does look better than I expected, and your truck looks great which brings me hope, if I ever get it installed.
I guess that makes me Dummy number 3. Where did you guys wire it? Is there a spot on top in the engine bay that is easy to access? I looked at the fuse box but I only want it on with parking/marker lights. I plan to do step rail lights as well so I need an easy spot to get at.

THANKS!

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I guess that makes me Dummy number 3. Where did you guys wire it? Is there a spot on top in the engine bay that is easy to access? I looked at the fuse box but I only want it on with parking/marker lights. I plan to do step rail lights as well so I need an easy spot to get at.

THANKS!
I ran mine into my S-Pod Bantam Touch, which may be my single favorite mod. Up to 8 individual items from a single power box and 1 BUS line into the cab to the touch screen. You can also add up to 3 more 8pack power boxes run in series from the first, all controlled from one touch screen. Strobe and multi switching and lots of features too.

IMO If you are going to more than a couple exterior powered mods, a power box of some sort is worth the investment, and there are many more reasonably priced options that work essentially as well.

At some point the Tremor Up-Fitter switches should also be available as a parts kit.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
This is what I am waiting for!
I was, but got impatient. I really like the look, but knew 6 was never going to be enough, so I don't really mind that it wasn't available when I tried to get one.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I was, but got impatient. I really like the look, but knew 6 was never going to be enough, so I don't really mind that it wasn't available when I tried to get one.
In my case I will have no use for more than 6, not building an overlander.

nolan62

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
IT Engineer
I ran mine into my S-Pod Bantam Touch, which may be my single favorite mod. Up to 8 individual items from a single power box and 1 BUS line into the cab to the touch screen. You can also add up to 3 more 8pack power boxes run in series from the first, all controlled from one touch screen. Strobe and multi switching and lots of features too.

IMO If you are going to more than a couple exterior powered mods, a power box of some sort is worth the investment, and there are many more reasonably priced options that work essentially as well.

At some point the Tremor Up-Fitter switches should also be available as a parts kit.
Thanks! That's an interesting device. I suggested it to my Son for his new F-150. Appreciate it!
Sponsored