AVS bug protector. Part number 322166.

James Martincic

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt, 2005 Saleen mustang, 2019 ram 2500
Has anyone installed the AVS hood protector pn 322166 ? Avs shows two styles, one that conforms with the hood and one not.
Wanted some input on this one before I purchase. Thanks
Sponsored

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
I purchased the hood protector...
IMG_0331.jpg
I haven't -- but was looking into it ... do you like that one? seems like the front of my hood always gets chewed up from the road, already a few pits on it from rocks. stupid highways...... not to mention the windshield. which one is that and do you like it? looks good and would match mine pretty well I also have the sport pkg.
?

xracer128

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
I haven't -- but was looking into it ... do you like that one? seems like the front of my hood always gets chewed up from the road, already a few pits on it from rocks. stupid highways...... not to mention the windshield. which one is that and do you like it? looks good and would match mine pretty well I also have the sport pkg.
?
Real happy with it, and have used them before!

AVS Hood Protector 322166...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Ventshade-322166-Aeroskin-Smoke-Hood-Protector-Fits-19-Ranger/283800151241?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
?
Not for anything but you might want to check the AVS II. It has a lip that directs air and bugs over the cabin. That particular one does not have a lip so all you are protecting is the leading edge of the hood which a small cut of Xpel will do the same. Not only does it protect the Leading Edge of the hood it keeps bugs and small stones off your windshield as well

Just something to consider. I've been using the hood deflectors for years. The AVS II ticks all my boxes. Some don't care for the look and I agree it doesn't look as good as the flush mounts but I am a function over form type of guy....

_111050.jpg
Sponsored