John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
BLUF:

Management is asking for a Christmas List from me and I'm more than willing to follow orders this time.

So I know two companies, Trac Electronics & Redtek, from AUS offer control modules to control all four windows. I believe both are close in price.

My question is to those who have purchased and installed, why did you pick one over the other or it splitting hairs?

FWIW, this is one of my pet peeves about the vehicle as managements MY21 BS-OBX has this feature and a heated steering wheel. Also, T-Rex arms aren't need to operate the window switches. Rant Over.
Sponsored

ranger7424

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I have the one from RedTec, it is for the most part plug and play, but has an integration with the door locks that will allow you to use the key fob to open or close the windows based on keypresses.

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
Trac does also, they just included the connector prewired. Unplug and plug inline.

dkirby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Tremor, '16 Focus RS, '10 Evo X
Occupation
Engineer
I have the Redtek because I got in on the group buy. No ragrets.

fjwlobo

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCREW
I have the Redtec and the only issue I've had is when I washed my truck after I Installed it. Used a power washer and when I sprayed around the door handle, all the windows rolled down. Got a little wet inside to say the least. I put a switch in-line on the wire that makes the windows roll down automatically. Just throw the switch before I start washing it now.

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
@SigOris The Trac has worked well for for over a year as well however, though it is "plug & play"-ish, it is still a fiddley install. Not hard, just fiddley... as I imagine the Redtek is as well.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I have the Redtec and the only issue I've had is when I washed my truck after I Installed it. Used a power washer and when I sprayed around the door handle, all the windows rolled down. Got a little wet inside to say the least. I put a switch in-line on the wire that makes the windows roll down automatically. Just throw the switch before I start washing it now.
I have heard of this being an issue with either module. Has to do with the touch sensors in the doors and having the fob close to the truck (in your pocket).

I have the Trac module in my XLT and have had no issues. Not sure how the Red Tech module works, but the Trac module adds one-touch for the other three windows for the drivers control switches only, not the individual doors. This works fine for me. I love being able to control my windows with the fob or Fordpass.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
RedTek module installed and working great for 2 years. I had that damn issue with the windows rolling down when washing the truck. Now I just leave the truck in accy mode with the radios and blower off - all is good.

I chose the RedTek because I purchased the auto-folding mirror module at the same time.

redone17

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond, 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Yeah, I am gonna need one of these. I love global window function in my Bronco.

Which combination (mirror/window) TRAC is compatible with our US models? It's a bit confusing.

fjwlobo

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCREW
Just a heads up, if you get the autofold mirror. They're great with the factory mirrors. The Clearview mirrors may not be compatible with it. My module had the magic smoke released and no longer works after installing the Clearview mirrors. Clearview doesn't have a clue what the difference is in the current draw for the fold motor. This mirror is an option Ford should have included with the towing package.
Sponsored