Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Blue Window Sticker
So yours was a dealer allotment order, not a customer order. I'm betting it was already scheduled and you got lucky and bought it at the perfect time. The dealer most likely ordered that truck months ago.

Reactions: Doc

Craftsman

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Furniture Maker
So yours was a dealer allotment order, not a customer order. I'm betting it was already scheduled and you got lucky and bought it at the perfect time. The dealer most likely ordered that truck months ago.
Maybe but I don’t think so. I configured it on the Fords online built page. Printed it out and took it to the dealer. Lariat FX4, Technology package. 501A, tow package, running boards. spray in bed liner Sport appearance package , Carbonized Gray. They haven’t had any Rangers on their lot. A used Tremor, and one new one in Blue. I’m by there three or four times a week. I don’t get it. Huge dealership with an empty lot.

Reactions: Doc

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
I was asked for a $500 deposit that is 100% refundable if I decide to walk away for any reason
Kewl, I think I might be special ordering a Transit Very Long with a very tall roof ... maybe next year. I was looking for a Transit with the V8, but, they are impossible to find anymore. A buddy of mine bought one about 6 months ago and I think that might be my retirement ... "HOME" ... at some point. I have a few "responsibilities" left to clean up ... then I will literally live in one of those.

Two weeks after I bought the Ranger, the dealer called and said they had a Mercedes Sprinter with diesel fully decked out for camping "professionally" they just got in. Before I could get down there, it was sold (two days).

OP
OP
RescueMe1060

RescueMe1060

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2021 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Dept. of Public Works
I'm positive that this has been answered before I just can't seem to find that persons posts. What type of break-in style maintenance should I be doing on my Ranger. Other than the first 500 mi oil change what else should I be looking at completing or at least documenting. My truck hit 500 miles today btw, time flies when you're having fun.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I'm positive that this has been answered before I just can't seem to find that persons posts. What type of break-in style maintenance should I be doing on my Ranger. Other than the first 500 mi oil change what else should I be looking at completing or at least documenting. My truck hit 500 miles today btw, time flies when you're having fun.
Really, you don't need to do an early oil change.
BUT, that said, I'll do mine at around 1,500-2,000mi. 500 seems a tad early.

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
My 2021 Iconic Silver FX4 arrived at the dealership last Thursday, picked it up and signed papers on Friday. I ordered this on April 5th 2021 and it took almost exactly 6 months to the day in order for me to receive my keys in hand. It arrived with 13 miles on the engine. The only issue I found on inspection was the tailgate handle being "faded", it looks like it's been in the sun too long. Not a big deal to me but will be replaced under warranty. My final purchase price is $44.7K all taxes and fees plus an 8yr/100,000mi warranty. Thanks to all who answered my many questions here in the past months, because of this forum I had more knowledge when it came to tracking my order than the dealership did. If anyone has questions about their order status I hope that I can be a valuable asset here!!

I added:
Technology package
FX4 package
Trailer package
Remote start

IMG_2431.JPG

IMG_2434.JPG
Nice Ranger! Looks like you were on the Stanford campus.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
500 miles is too early for an oil change. Nice truck by the way, at Stanford?

OP
OP
RescueMe1060

RescueMe1060

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dept. of Public Works
Yup I was taking a little walk around the campus a few weekends back. First rain of the season is here I'll have to look in the morning and see how dirty the truck is. Has everyone else received their trucks?

OP
OP
RescueMe1060

RescueMe1060

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dept. of Public Works
Today I took it up in the mountains where Neil Young used to live, tested out "Sport" mode. I'm impressed.

IMG_2635.JPG
Sponsored