First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Schwab
Oh man, you are just scratching the surface here. Chris and Dave (and some others) will help push, er, motivate you to do some more mods, while myself :angel: may suggest a few things..ehhhmmm. ;)

I didn't see tailgate damper as one of the necessary mods in your good lineup there. Dave has a secret code he'll get you, as soon as he checks in here!! (eh eh eh).

I have almost the same setup as yours, except I just leveled mine @.75, have a MBRP exhuast and Livernois tune (91 Oct). Won't be doing the Raptor grill, but am doing the Mountains2Metal (.com) lower grill insert on the way. Already figured how I will do some "visual enhancement" work on it before mounting.

This is definitely (not going to be ) my last mod probably!!:idea:
Oh I know all about the damper, I’ll save that mod for last ?. Very nice set up you got, you lovin the tune?? I can’t get enough of it, I still take it easy, for the most part, but I almost crave when a lane turns in to one and I have to pass, just rockets me up ahead! Also, would you prefer the MBRP be a little more aggressive or do you like that it’s mild?
Sponsored

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I know all about the damper, I’ll save that mod for last ?. Very nice set up you got, you lovin the tune?? I can’t get enough of it, I still take it easy, for the most part, but I almost crave when a lane turns in to one and I have to pass, just rockets me up ahead! Also, would you prefer the MBRP be a little more aggressive or do you like that it’s mild?
Mine has gotten a tad more deeper as it's broken in and actually has a better tone now. Still not anything like Honda Rice 'Racket ' noise. You'll notice it after a bit, that it's sound is way better than many that you'll hear on other vehicles or Rangers. But, that's just me, so no guarantees of happiness there :angel:

Yep, like how it "gits" when it has to "git"

OP
OP
JSauce

JSauce

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Schwab
Mine has gotten a tad more deeper as it's broken in and actually has a better tone now. Still not anything like Honda Rice 'Racket ' noise. You'll notice it after a bit, that it's sound is way better than many that you'll hear on other vehicles or Rangers. But, that's just me, so no guarantees of happiness there :angel:

Yep, like how it "gits" when it has to "git"
That was my fear, trying to avoid the cheap sounding tin can loud sound, I was pleasantly surprised though with MBRP, affordable and decent tone, don’t know if it’s at all possible (likely in my head) but when you get on it with the tune, I feel like it’s now deeper and you can hear the turbo more. I don’t ever see myself getting tired of driving it!

OP
OP
JSauce

JSauce

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Schwab
I know this topic is a bit like beating a century old dead horse ? but how do you all feel about K&N drop in filters?? I know there’s groups who blindly follow K&N and put them on all their vehicles as it does give you a mild boost if strictly performance is what you’re after. But since joining here I sense that is a big no no, if we wanna take care of our turbo. Especially in the sandbox we live in.

OP
OP
JSauce

JSauce

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Schwab
I’m in flagstaff. Rangers only 2 months old but I take it exploring when my 4Runner is broken. Already has a dent on the skid plate
The color of yours has got to be my all time favorite, unique, stylish, and clean! ??

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I know this topic is a bit like beating a century old dead horse ? but how do you all feel about K&N drop in filters?? I know there’s groups who blindly follow K&N and put them on all their vehicles as it does give you a mild boost if strictly performance is what you’re after. But since joining here I sense that is a big no no, if we wanna take care of our turbo. Especially in the sandbox we live in.
I don't have the sand/dirt/dust issues like you probably do, but I used an Aem drop in dry filter as a replacement. Assometer says it does make the engine perform a tad better (more flow):wink:

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
NE Phx here,51 and 101 area.

Have a K&N in mine,and no issues what so ever.

It has a few other things done to it as well LOL

OP
OP
JSauce

JSauce

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Schwab
I don't have the sand/dirt/dust issues like you probably do, but I used an Aem drop in dry filter as a replacement. Assometer says it does make the engine perform a tad better (more flow):wink:
My friend, I think I’m ordering this tonight, been trying to read up on the AEM dry filter and all that I found were good reviews, wondering if here in the dust though it would allow more particles than the oem paper filters.

Reactions: FoD

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Three number roads are for cars. Try a few four number two tracks and report back.

Legendarily-Epic

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 1991 Honda CRX SI
I’m down in Maricopa and commute into Phoenix for work but I guess anything from Maricopa is a commute.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Avondale here. Chicago native. Military caused us to move around, got out and joined the guard so I chose to live here. Don't worry I won't Illinois your AZ, trust me it's worse than CA...

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
NE Phx here,51 and 101 area.

Have a K&N in mine,and no issues what so ever.

It has a few other things done to it as well LOL
I'm in the same area. I should be back in Desert Ridge in around a month once the home remodel is done. Right now I'm in a RV park near Loop 101 and I-17.
Sponsored