Are these mediocre alignment numbers?

MattH

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4
I recently installed the Ford Perf/Fox leveling kit, Icon tubular UCAs, and BDS 1" shackles on the rear and got it aligned on Friday. I'm not too happy with how it drives now for a few reasons and think part of it might be the alignment numbers.
It's got a slight pull the left, I'm assuming because of the uneven caster they put in so I'll be calling them about that on Monday. But I would think with Icon UCAs it should be able to have quite a bit more caster with less camber than what they got. Is this just a lazy alignment?
61619676347__76432FD6-3142-43B8-8532-C5E3FBA94958.jpeg
Sponsored

Dhass68

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Brake and Suspension mechanic
You don't want lower camber than that and the caster looks fine, you do want a 1/2 degree spread(or so) from left to right to compensate for the crown of the road, you may have a tire pull, get the shop to cross the front tires side to side, unless you have directional tires, then you would have to settle just rotating the tires front to back.
This alignment looks fine

OP
OP

MattH

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4
It had factory tires on and pulled to the left, and this morning I got new tires and it pulls just the same so that’s not it

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It had factory tires on and pulled to the left, and this morning I got new tires and it pulls just the same so that’s not it
Hi Matt,

My take is too much caster split.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engneering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So from my experience on the Old Man EMU lift with the alignment I have the camber and caster right about the same. I want to say my caster is 2.4° on both left and right if i remember correctly. Also something I noticed was I had to check the toe with my fat ass in the truck since it would go out when I got in it. I probably had to do that since the lift has soft offroad springs with the longer travel. I will send you a pm here soon.

jubalr

First Name
Jubal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Sport
Occupation
Retired
I put my leveling kit in last weekend and got an alignment on Thursday. They did a good job and it drives great. Here is the readout they gave me if you would like to compare..
MVIMG_20200712_114906.jpg

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I put my leveling kit in last weekend and got an alignment on Thursday. They did a good job and it drives great. Here is the readout they gave me if you would like to compare..
I can already see a problem and it will get worse. The toe is out and I have a feeling when you get in the drivers seat it gets worse. I had this on my ranger and I have had to adjust it twice since installing the Old Man EMU lift after the springs settled.

OP
OP

MattH

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4
So from my experience on the Old Man EMU lift with the alignment I have the camber and caster right about the same. I want to say my caster is 2.4° on both left and right if i remember correctly. Also something I noticed was I had to check the toe with my fat ass in the truck since it would go out when I got in it. I probably had to do that since the lift has soft offroad springs with the longer travel. I will send you a pm here soon.
Thanks, I'll hit you up in PMs to discuss!
Are those specs just with a fox leveling kit and no aftermarket control arms? If so, I don't see why me putting on the Icon UCAs was really worth it...

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I can already see a problem and it will get worse. The toe is out and I have a feeling when you get in the drivers seat it gets worse. I had this on my ranger and I have had to adjust it twice since installing the Old Man EMU lift after the springs settled.
Hi Chris

You bring up a good point of a change in dynamic toe. I have found that toe out will result in the truck hunting back and forth more than a pull to the left in my experiences, but having toe adjusted with driver in the seat makes a lot of sense.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored