First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCab
Occupation
audio / semi retired
I find I forget to hit the tow/haul button all of the time. I use this like a truck. I use tow haul more than not. I’d like to turn it off only sometimes. I did buy the auto stop eliminator plug in module. Is there something like this for tow / haul?
Sponsored

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I find I forget to hit the tow/haul button all of the time. I use this like a truck. I use tow haul more than not. I’d like to turn it off only sometimes. I did buy the auto stop eliminator plug in module. Is there something like this for tow / haul?
Get a schematic for it. I bet you can jump it in the back of the wire connector. You can do that also instead of the start stop auto eliminator. For that I think it was the purple to the white wire with the purple stripe, I believe. Like the auto start stop eliminator, it remembers the last position of that switch.
Let us know what you wind up doing.

Bsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat FX4
Is there a Forscan setting that can do this?

OP
OP

brroberts

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
audio / semi retired
I don’t have Forscan or a reliable PC laptop. I’d rather do something at the switch if I can, but do still want to be able to turn it off sometimes. I’m getting ready to tow daily until December, and if I have to cook up a solution, I probably won‘t have time for that until December. So it may be awhile before I know anything. I was hopeful there might be a plug and play solution. The ASS was $85, but only took a few minutes, so at that point, the dollars were worth it.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
I wish I knew more about ForScan, I wonder if there is a setting that can be made?

OP
OP

brroberts

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
audio / semi retired
forage

Reactions: EJH

tfisher15

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, 4x4; 69 Firebird Conv
Occupation
Retired
So close …

Orange has almost no perfect rhymes. The only word in the 20-volume historical Oxford English Dictionary that rhymes with orange is sporange, a very rare alternative form of sporangium (a botanical term for a part of a fern or similar plant).

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
You should email the Auto Stop Eliminator guys. They might be able to come up with a solution for you.

I recall another member had contacted them regarding a similar module for something else, parking sensors blocked by a bull bar or something? And they were able to rig up a module for him.

Found the thread:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/westin-brush-guard-need-help-with-the-sensors.5171/

OK, I have an update.
Since I had purchased the auto start stop eliminator I got to thinking if they could do the same thing with the parking aid.... So I emailed them and explained the situation. Travis at Auto stop eliminator looked into it and made a modification to the connector. It's on its way to me. I will update when I get it installed.

Just FYI, if you go this route you will need to contact them directly.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/
No part number. I just explained to them what I needed. They'll make a custom wiring piece that plugs in just like the auto start stop eliminator, but into the parking button

[email protected]

The reps name is Travis Lambert.
He even followed up with me to make sure it worked.
Hope this helps.
I have one in the mail for me tomorrow. He had me place the order and put it in the notes.. I sent an email first. Very easy!

OP
OP

brroberts

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
audio / semi retired
Thanks, I’ve thought about it. I’ll probably check wires first, but any custom stuff will probably have to wait until later.
Sponsored