First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We just went down to a local dealership who has the 2 Bronco's that will be at the off road show this weekend. Very surprised they didn't bring one with a Sasquatch package especially being here in AZ. :headbang: It was nice to be able to sit in one and get in the backseat and look all around. Even though the are pre-production ones they are still really sweet! One thing I will say is with the 2 dr getting into the back seats are not fun and I'm only 5'7". Lucky I won't ever have to!?

IMG_3421.jpg

View sitting in the drivers seat

IMG_3423.jpg

Badlands MGV seats

IMG_3452.jpg

The 2 dr with the rear seats folded down

IMG_3429.jpg

Seat bottom pulls forward then upright

IMG_3433.jpg

From the rear and YES there is a tailgate damper from the factory! ?
IMG_3435.jpg

Last edited:

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Huh...that does look surprisingly simple. Did you do anything about the mileage difference?

E
We just went down to a local dealership who has the 2 Bronco's that will be at the off road show this weekend. Very surprised they didn't bring one with a Sasquatch package especially being here in AZ. :headbang: It was nice to be able to sit in one and get in the backseat and look all around. Even though the are pre-production ones they are still really sweet! One thing I will say is with the 2 dr getting into the back seats are not fun and I'm only 5'7". Lucky I won't ever have to!?

IMG_3421.jpg

View sitting in the drivers seat

IMG_3423.jpg

Badlands leather seats

IMG_3452.jpg

The 2 dr with the rear seats folded down

IMG_3429.jpg

Seat bottom pulls forward then upright

IMG_3433.jpg

From the rear and YES there is a tailgate damper from the factory! ?
IMG_3435.jpg
Which dealer is this?
May have to swing in and check it out myself.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks for that,gotta work tonight...May have to check out the off-road show,or keep an eye out for where they wind up next.
If I knew they were going to be at Sanderson Ford I wouldn't have gone to the show. But seeing as we already bought our tickets for Saturday I guess we'll be there. I'm just not sure if they'll be roped off or open to see inside?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We went to the off road show yesterday and the reps were there who were MUCH more informant than the sales guys at Sanderson Ford. They did announce on Friday there's another delay with orders (Damn COVID) which will now open up in Mid January - February. They still hope to have production Bronco's "in your driveway" by late April - early May according to them. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

The black seats I posted above are marine grade vinyl (MGV) and are really nice material. I honestly would rather these than the leather in my Ranger, they're that nice! Someone at Sanderson said they were leather but they didn't feel anything like the leather on the 4 dr which again was MUCH nicer than the Ranger leather. Glad we went to the sealer to see them because they had them roped off at the show and you couldn't get inside them to check them out.

My gf was talking with another rep and walks over and hands me a bag full of Bronco Swag. He gave her a couple Bronco shirts, a handful of stickers and a bunch of Bronco carabiners. She's really starting to like the Bronco more and more now so there's hope. ??

IMG_3475-1.jpg

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We all (reservation holders) got emails last week noting this. Hopefully there aren't any more delays but I'm not holding my breath either. The $100 is going to be added to your Food Pass points once you receive your Bronco along with the normal 42,000 points you get for buying it so $310.00 total. I'm just hoping to get mine by Sept '22 so it won't be freezing or snowing on our trip back home from IA.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well it looks like Ford decided to give themselves an early Christmas present and RAISE the prices on the Bronco. A lot on the Bronco6G site are not happy including myself. If this isn't another glitch in the B&P than I'm out. I'm not paying another $3,190 for a Base model. Some of the upper models didn't get hit with the increase so it looks like Ford is trying to force you into spending more money because now the base is close to the Big Bend and the Badlands is almost the same as a Wildtrak. I think they will see a lot of cancellations come order time in mid January if this .:mad:

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm of the impression that one of these seemingly countless fumbles they've had with the Bronco release will come back to bite them big time. I'm all for putting out a good quality product that meets or beats the competition, but at a certain point you reach diminishing returns and have not only wasted time and money, but raked not only the casual buyer but the loyal one over the coals, and they're not likely to return.

My brother is one of those who was full on for a new Bronco, then the Build & Price came out and he couldn't get what he wanted/what he was promised by Ford, then the delays, and even more delays, the fact that he likely won't be able to even look at one for over a year let alone get one in a couple years, and now the price hike. Suffice it to say he's moved on and is looking at other vehicles.
I totally understand that some of these delays are Covid related and some parts are sourced out globally. The B&P has been a nightmare from the beginning and loaded with glitches. But it really seems like Ford is trying to force people to spend more on higher models which will backfire on them.

The Base with the Sasquatch package was a killer deal and I think they found a lot of people started going that route. There's a huge post on this on the Bronco forum. The Base is probably their least profitable model so now they had to raise the B&P prices to account for this. I think I'll wait it out until the March deadline to convert orders to see if anything changes but I doubt it will. When I have time I'll go back and build a few different ones just to see the difference. I could justify a small increase but for my build this was a 10% increase. I hope they don't pull this when the Ranger Raptor comes out because Ford is really going to piss off a lot of die hard Ford people.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Not that I'm terribly interested in looking, but is a base model two-door Bronco with a manual transmission and no power options whatsoever going for more than $44,000? If not, it's still cheaper than a Wrangler with that same option (or lack thereof) setup.

I cross-shopped Wranglers before buying my Ranger back in 2019 and back then, the local dealers here showed the MSRP (no markup) on a two-door, manual transmission Wrangler with a soft top and no power windows or locks at right around $44,000. Who in the hell would pay that much for a base model Wrangler with no options whatsoever? That's insane. My comfortably equipped XLT Ranger 4X4 ended up costing me just above $32,000 OTD.

Assuming that the Broncos aren't priced similarly, I'd say it could be a whole hell of a lot worse.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
In my mind the Bronco was supposed to be, and even marketed as in my mind, a cheaper way to get a hardcore off-roader, where you could get all the off-road chops without having to jump to the highest level like a Rubicon or TRD Pro and be forced into a bunch of frilly stuff that isn't off-road important. That's the beauty of the FX4 package, and the Sasquatch in the Bronco. You can add it to any trim level. And is what you're trying to do by getting a Base Sasquatch. And that's still kind of the case to an extent. But the fact that Ford is now trying to take away that cheap off-roader aspect by charging disproportionately more for lower end models is basically going against what the Bronco is for (again in my mind). I understand the business aspect for what they're doing, and that's whatever. They invested a crap ton of time and money into this project and it's late and likely overbudget and they need to recoup that. What I'm upset with is the two-faced aspect of it.

Just my two cents, and why I'm becoming more and more disappointed in the Bronco and Ford's handling of it.
Agree 100%! The SAS package for the Base was $4,995 and has now jumped to $ 8,980. I would be willing to pay a little more but no way $3,985 more. Like you said they've had more than enough time with the delays to fix the B&P and to wait until the last minute is BS. Although we know that anything technical isn't Fords strongest suit seeing as they can't even get their Sync updates to work correctly.

So messing around a little with the B&P I can now build a Big Bend, next model up for just about the same price as the Base. I don't get the SAS package but in return I do get the Mid Package which gives me more tech stuff and I can add the rear locker to this model and it comes with 32's standard. My whole reason for getting the Base was to omit all the tech and get a killer off roader (which some stuff I don't need) at a great value.

I still think something's messed up because if I build the Base now compared to before I have a difference of $3,190 but just adding the SAS jumps it up $3,985? None of the other options were cheaper so I'm hoping there's still a glitch here but for the better this time.
Sponsored

Last edited: