Anybody have their doors unlock by themselves?

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
My doors unlock by themselves. Im not sure how many times it has happened but now im aware of it it has done it 6 times. I even used my OCD to recheck the door locks and they will be locked,go out and check it 2 hours later the lock lights are off but doors are still locked. Go out next day no fuel pump noise when walking by and no locks click when pulling handle but doors open right up!! My alarm sometimes goes off with one door open and 1 door closed and locked,also my keypad is bad again so this will be the 3 rd one. Not too sure about my dealer getting it fixed and I keep it outside so I might take to a different larger Ford dealer. Bret
Sponsored

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Have you been messin' around with FORScan?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
When I bought it 9 months ago.
Well that means Ford can communicate with the truck and make updates... not saying that's the issue, but something to consider.

I saw a video just the other day related to hackers using a device in parking lots. When you get out of your vehicle and lock the car with the remote the device somehow catches the RF signal. They wait for you to leave and then they unlock the vehicle. Moral of the story... push the button on the door to lock your vehicle... don't use the remote.

OP
OP
Cape Cruiser

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Well that means Ford can communicate with the truck and make updates... not saying that's the issue, but something to consider.

I saw a video just the other day related to hackers using a device in parking lots. When you get out of your vehicle and lock the car with the remote the device somehow catches the RF signal. They wait for you to leave and then they unlock the vehicle. Moral of the story... push the button on the door to lock your vehicle... don't use the remote.
I always hit door button on the way out. Then I thought maybe neighbors remote opened it but it has happened when im away from home also.I dont know if the keypad failure is related? We'll see Bret

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
My doors unlock by themselves. Im not sure how many times it has happened but now im aware of it it has done it 6 times. I even used my OCD to recheck the door locks and they will be locked,go out and check it 2 hours later the lock lights are off but doors are still locked. Go out next day no fuel pump noise when walking by and no locks click when pulling handle but doors open right up!! My alarm sometimes goes off with one door open and 1 door closed and locked,also my keypad is bad again so this will be the 3 rd one. Not too sure about my dealer getting it fixed and I keep it outside so I might take to a different larger Ford dealer. Bret
Ah the fun with Lariats...double honks, door locking unlocking on their own...:crackup:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I always hit door button on the way out. Then I thought maybe neighbors remote opened it but it has happened when im away from home also.I dont know if the keypad failure is related? We'll see Bret
I hit the door lock button too and never had a problem with both the Ranger and MKC.

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
Yes....truck was locked for about an hour while shopping. Wife pulled passenger side handle and truck opened right up and alarm sounded. Only happened once. Have no clue why.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Yes....truck was locked for about an hour while shopping. Wife pulled passenger side handle and truck opened right up and alarm sounded. Only happened once. Have no clue why.
Does she have other key fob in her purse?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase