First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
The other day I was thinking why bring back the bronco and ignore the ranchero? I'd prefer a little smaller truck like half way between old ranger and new ranger with rear wheel drive and at least 275HP. it would be a suburb cruiser so no 4WD is needed. I'd have to grow a mullet of course... ok just put a bed on mustang
Sponsored

OP
OP
Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I wish Ford all the best with this product, and I hope it finds some customers who will be happy with it. It just seems too small, underpowered, and underperforming for me. So, the Maverick (or whatever) is too small, the F150 is too big, and the Ranger is just right. I could see going up a little bit in size/weight/power depending on what comes along, but never down!
I like the 2.0 turbo 250 hp ..just as a grocery getter ...
Regards

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
I wish Ford all the best with this product, and I hope it finds some customers who will be happy with it. It just seems too small, underpowered, and underperforming for me. So, the Maverick (or whatever) is too small, the F150 is too big, and the Ranger is just right. I could see going up a little bit in size/weight/power depending on what comes along, but never down!
I think it may do well with suburban home owners. Yard and gardening projects etc. My dad had a Dodge Rampage and he loved it. He hauled a lot of stuff in it but it did have a larger bed than the Maverick will have.
1603055805457.png

Reactions: Doc

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
I was just thinking. Maybe Ford should re-incarnate the Ranchero.
My dad had a ranchero when I was a kid in the 70’s. Good memories of a trailer full of dirtbikes and my bicycle in the back. Id sit in the middle and watch the dust fly up down the backroads. If they made them again I would definitely take a look.

Reactions: Doc