Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Any news on this ?
The Ford Courier is expected to go on sale before the end of 2021, with Ford targeting annual sales of about 100,000 units. It will be produced at its plant in Hermosillo, Mexico, which will also build the next-generation Ford Transit Connect utility van.

Both units are EcoBoost engines, and the first option is a 1.5-liter three-cylinder output. Standard engine choice will produce 180 horsepower. The optional powertrain is a 2.0-liter turbo-four variant that generates around 250 horses. Both variants are available with an eight-speed automatic transmission.

Regards
Doc
EDIT: kinda has that RS look, I can use another truck, my GMC has 180,000 miles on it, I’ll be looking to get one.
A6BB0804-0CF0-4B2F-88B4-E5B6CD15BE6F.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
I think the U.S. version will be called the Maverick. I’ve read several articles about it (google Ford Maverick).

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
As we say in the south, "Well, ain't that about the cutest thing you've ever seen". :) I guess it's gonna be like a mini Ranchero.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
As we say in the south, "Well, ain't that about the cutest thing you've ever seen". :) I guess it's gonna be like a mini Ranchero.
Looks like a Fusion had sex with a ranchero. :shock:

Maybe member @SubVet should've waited before he went out and bought a Ridgeline. ?

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Mmm... as a person who used to race Triumph triples, I can say I love the sound of 3 cylinder engines. Even the later model Ford Fiestas sounded great, when their transmissions weren't blowing up at least.

Very interesting, and if that's not some fake rendering, I'm so glad they didn't make it a 4 door and waste good bed space. A Subaru Brat for this generation comes to mind. Now if they could only find a way to legalize seats in the bed, kids would fight for the right to sit back there. But I get the feeling the safety lawyers shot that one down for good. That's too bad.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Looks like a Fusion had sex with a ranchero. :shock:

Maybe member @SubVet should've waited before he went out and bought a Ridgeline. ?
@AzScorpion I'm sure the little thing will have a market, but I can't imagine it being large. It's like the little Toyota Pick up I had. It was cute as a bug, didn't take up much room, but the bed wasn't as big as one needs to even make a Lowes run for lumber. I picked up 3 26" mountain bikes to repurpose for kids in the neighborhood, and I was afraid they would fall over the bed side while I was driving down the road. I strapped them things down three ways to Sunday before I left the parking lot.

The little sucker was as fun as a barrel of monkeys, but not very practical. A young man from Raleigh just northeast of me is the happy new owner. I ordered my Ranger the next day. :)

100_4799 - Copy.JPG

OP
OP
Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
It will be a four door. Here is an article on the Maverick. Below is another rendering that is probably more accurate.

I hope it finds a market and is successful. Right now it does not have any competition in the U.S. that I am aware of.

1603046430720.png
Nice !

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off topic, but I have been wondering for a long time - how do you make the member profile links (e.g. @AzScorpion)? I copied this one from above but don't know how to creat one.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Any news on this ?
The Ford Courier is expected to go on sale before the end of 2021, with Ford targeting annual sales of about 100,000 units. It will be produced at its plant in Hermosillo, Mexico, which will also build the next-generation Ford Transit Connect utility van.

Both units are EcoBoost engines, and the first option is a 1.5-liter three-cylinder output. Standard engine choice will produce 180 horsepower. The optional powertrain is a 2.0-liter turbo-four variant that generates around 250 horses. Both variants are available with an eight-speed automatic transmission.

Regards
Doc
EDIT: kinda has that RS look, I can use another truck, my GMC has 180,000 miles on it, I’ll be looking to get one.
A6BB0804-0CF0-4B2F-88B4-E5B6CD15BE6F.jpeg
That looks FAST!
My dad had one of the original...
1977-Ford-Courier.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Off topic, but I have been wondering for a long time - how do you make the member profile links (e.g. @AzScorpion)? I copied this one from above but don't know how to creat one.
Al, are you wanting to just mention someone in a post? If so just first type @ then start typing their screen name (no spaces) and it will pop up and you can just click on if from there.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Al, are you wanting to just mention someone in a post? If so just first type @ then start typing their screen name (no spaces) and it will pop up and you can just click on if from there.
Exactly. Thank you, Dave.

Shadowdraxx

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Bum
Yummy I’ll take one with a transplanted Gen2 Coyote Procharger pleassse.

edit:

4FC82C54-4EED-444F-B722-F1279359EC8A.jpeg

5FF92A71-FFFA-47B8-AE37-1E244B39B83A.jpeg

Last edited:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I wish Ford all the best with this product, and I hope it finds some customers who will be happy with it. It just seems too small, underpowered, and underperforming for me. So, the Maverick (or whatever) is too small, the F150 is too big, and the Ranger is just right. I could see going up a little bit in size/weight/power depending on what comes along, but never down!
Sponsored