First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Were these late year snow storms! All my friends and family have said this winter wasn't to bad, some cold spells and very little snow. Now here it is mid March and they're looking at a potential Nor'easter which could dump 12"+ over some areas. The area I was in WMA could see up to 18". o_O

These use to drive me crazy as you're getting ready for spring and then one of these hit. I know they don't last long as the days are longer and the sun is higher but it's still a pain to deal with. Of course everyone will run out now and clear the shelves of bread and water! ?‍♂

Meanwhile here it's been sunny and in the low 80's these past few days. :sun::tumbleweed:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/winter-storm-watch-issued-massachusetts-120246949.html

1678730458955.png

Points along the North Shore could see anywhere from 4 to 6 inches of snow with 2 to 4 inches for the South Shore and South Coast. A coating to 2 inches of snow is expected on the Cape and the Islands. About 6 inches of snow is expected in Boston with up to 8 inches for the Metrowest and Merrimack Valley.

Worcester and points along I-495 and I-90 will likely see 8 to 12 inches of snow. The higher elevations in central and western Massachusetts could be in store for 12-18 inches.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We got a dusting of snow yesterday, actually snowed most all day. Most of it didn't stick, thank goodness.
I never minded if/when it snowed throughout the winter because well, it's winter. lol But it seemed like most winters (before I left) were just getting cold but with no or very little snow. Then once March and even early April came we'd get hit with a huge storm or two. It's not the end of the world because it melts fast but it just got depressing when you're so looking forward to spring and nicer weather. Plus having 250' of driveway was getting old. ?

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I never minded if/when it snowed throughout the winter because well, it's winter. lol But it seemed like most winters (before I left) were just getting cold but with no or very little snow. Then once March and even early April came we'd get hit with a huge storm or two. It's not the end of the world because it melts fast but it just got depressing when you're so looking forward to spring and nicer weather. Plus having 250' of driveway was getting old. ?
Yeah, it was snowing on the daffodils!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Bahhh they say big storm but it will probably be a dusting thrown in with rain. Then temps in the 50’s a few days from now and it’s gone. Hopefully for the rest of the year.

This also has to be the mildest winter in the NE in my lifetime of memory. We got a couple of dusting that were gone the next day. I know a few guys that own snow removal businesses and they’re about bust after the last 3 years on nothing going on!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Bahhh they say big storm but it will probably be a dusting thrown in with rain. Then temps in the 50’s a few days from now and it’s gone. Hopefully for the rest of the year.

This also has to be the mildest winter in the NE in my lifetime of memory. We got a couple of dusting that were gone the next day. I know a few guys that own snow removal businesses and they’re about bust after the last 3 years on nothing going on!
That's what usually happens. then they say it'll be an inch or two and you'll get a foot. lol

My buddy gave up on residential driveways years ago and now only does commercial lots. They get paid by contract so he's been making bank these last few years because there's been little to no storms and they still get paid. He does the Showcase Cinemas in W Springfield and has only had to salt a few times this year.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
That's what usually happens. then they say it'll be an inch or two and you'll get a foot. lol

My buddy gave up on residential driveways years ago and now only does commercial lots. They get paid by contract so he's been making bank these last few years because there's been little to no storms and they still get paid. He does the Showcase Cinemas in W Springfield and has only had to salt a few times this year.
They keep throwing out the bombogenesis label for the headline potential. Funny when we had the blizzard of 78 they never used that term and it shut down Boston for 5 days!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
They keep throwing out the bombogenesis label for the headline potential. Funny when we had the blizzard of 78 they never used that term and it shut down Boston for 5 days!
I remember walking to school (up hill both ways ?) when it was snowing and they'd just clear the roads by the end of the day. They close schools now with the threat of a dusting!:rolleyes: I swear all this new Doppler radar is worse and it seems they're wrong more than they're right.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Were these late year snow storms! All my friends and family have said this winter wasn't to bad, some cold spells and very little snow. Now here it is mid March and they're losing at a potential Nor'easter which could dump 12"+ over some areas. The area I was in WMA could see up to 18". o_O

These use to drive me crazy as you're getting ready for spring and then one of these hit. I know they don't last long as the days are longer and the sun is higher but it's still a pain to deal with. Of course everyone will run out now and clear the shelves of bread and water! ?‍♂

Meanwhile here it's been sunny and in the low 80's these past few days. :sun::tumbleweed:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/winter-storm-watch-issued-massachusetts-120246949.html

1678730458955.png
I haven't been to New England, love the history but hate dem NFL Patriots!
?

Oh and it's cold and flurries here in Indy the last 2 days.

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Come on Dave
Compared to what the rest of the country's been going through this winter, New England has been paradise.
Floods, 10 feet of snow, tornados ... nope, none of that.

So now we finally get some snow, and they'll just put 10.000 tons of salt on the roads, so I have to wash my truck.

Big deal.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Come on Dave
Compared to what the rest of the country's been going through this winter, New England has been paradise.
Floods, 10 feet of snow, tornados ... nope, none of that.

So now we finally get some snow, and they'll just put 10.000 tons of salt on the roads, so I have to wash my truck.

Big deal.
Glad you like it there I hated it. This was just one of many things I didn't like dealing with especially having 250' of driveway to take care of while working 60+ hours a week. So I made a choice to move which was the best decision for me.

As far as natural disasters go it all depends where you live. That's why I chose to move to an area that doesn't get any of this in the valley. Sure it's hot in the summer for 3-4 months but it's still better than most places. The more I look into relocating the less areas I find that I like or that are safe.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
We are supposed to get 8 to 10 of wet heavy stuff. Southeast of us can get 2 feet if the prediction comes through. No bugs, snakes or spiders to deal with this time of the year makes it all worthwhile:like:.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We are supposed to get 8 to 10 of wet heavy stuff. Southeast of us can get 2 feet if the prediction comes through. No bugs, snakes or spiders to deal with this time of the year makes it all worthwhile:like:.
We really don't get many bugs here in my area. But both my neighbors have their yards professionally done so maybe that helps kill them for me too? If I had to spray my yard and foundation for bugs I could do it in about 20 minutes. lol ? It took me several hours to clean up the driveway, turnaround, barn area and walkways after each storm.? At least the sun is high and it'll melt quickly now. I just got sick of having to deal with the mess especially this late in the year. Watch, you'll probably get all rain.:rain:

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Glad you like it there I hated it. This was just one of many things I didn't like dealing with especially having 250' of driveway to take care of while working 60+ hours a week. So I made a choice to move which was the best decision for me.

As far as natural disasters go it all depends where you live. That's why I chose to move to an area that doesn't get any of this in the valley. Sure it's hot in the summer for 3-4 months but it's still better than most places. The more I look into relocating the less areas I find that I like or that are safe.
Jeeze, I didn't say I liked it!
I just said it was no big deal, compared to what other folks in this country are dealing with.
At least that's what I meant to imply.
Meanwhile, my generator's ready to go - just in case.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
We really don't get many bugs here in my area. But both my neighbors have their yards professionally done so maybe that helps kill them for me too? If I had to spray my yard and foundation for bugs I could do it in about 20 minutes. lol ? It took me several hours to clean up the driveway, turnaround, barn area and walkways after each storm.? At least the sun is high and it'll melt quickly now. I just got sick of having to deal with the mess especially this late in the year. Watch, you'll probably get all rain.:rain:
We also get heavy lake snow off Ontario. I have a 4 ft blower on the back of my Kubota and a plow on the front along with a 6ft plow on my side by side. I love cleaning it up?.
Sponsored