First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Still employed by Uncle Sam, but in a different capacity, and I live in Utah, so that's an ixnay on the "left-handed cigarettes" as one of my former CSMs called them.
True Story:
I was injured pretty bad on(which became) my last deployment. I was drugged for 6 months from that point. While at Walter Reed, That had me tapped with liquid Dilaudid , and some other pain meds. Then meds to counter the side effects of those meds. I would fall asleep just sitting in a wheel chair while people where rolling me around. Damn Humiliating :mad:
Anyway, one night I decided to stop taking all that crap. 3 weeks of bed ridden hell pursued, I could only eat popcorn and skittles. I would go out side in the freezing cold and sit there until I felt like I would puke, just to feel that warmth for few seconds of going inside. I was in the bed surrounded by ICE packs while completely covered in heavy blankets. Some nights I slept in the bathroom just leaning against the wall. I cannot explain everything that happened during the detox. Finally broke out of it and went back for a check up, told the doctor not to give me anything that was narcotic based. When they found out what I did, well I got an ear full. I really dont care what they thought or the risk I made, I was NOT staying on that crap. Finally found a decent balance with Neurontin and two spinal chord stimulators. I still have side effects from it, mostly in my hands, they get this uncomfortable feeling and I cannot find a way to get rest. Sometimes ill just grab some ice packs and hold on for while.
So if the Lettuce was legal, I would probably try it to see if it helps with my constant Migraines and sleepless nights.

EDIT: WTF, Im not sure why that triggered this memory, it has nothing to do with the flag.

Last edited:

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
True Story:
I was injured pretty bad on(which became) my last deployment. I was drugged for 6 months from that point. While at Walter Reed, That had me tapped with liquid Dilaudid , and some other pain meds. Then meds to counter the side effects of those meds. I would fall asleep just sitting in a wheel chair while people where rolling me around. Damn Humiliating :mad:
Anyway, one night I decided to stop taking all that crap. 3 weeks of bed ridden hell pursued, I could only eat popcorn and skittles. I would go out side in the freezing cold and sit there until I felt like I would puke, just to feel that warmth for few seconds of going inside. I was in the bed surrounded by ICE packs while completely covered in heavy blankets. Some nights I slept in the bathroom just leaning against the wall. I cannot explain everything that happened during the detox. Finally broke out of it and went back for a check up, told the doctor not to give me anything that was narcotic based. When they found out what I did, well I got an ear full. I really dont care what they thought or the risk I made, I was NOT staying on that crap. Finally found a decent balance with Neurontin and two spinal chord stimulators. I still have side effects from it, mostly in my hands, they get this uncomfortable feeling and I cannot find a way to get rest. Sometimes ill just grab some ice packs and hold on for while.
So if the Lettuce was legal, I would probably try it to see if it helps with my constant Migraines and sleepless nights.

EDIT: WTF, Im not sure why that triggered this memory, it has nothing to do with the flag.
It’s legal in Maine and several other states. I’ve heard it’s also good for PTSD. I’ve never smoked it in my life myself, if I didn’t have to take drug tests for work I might.

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
Not only arthritis the Tinnitus is real as well. Anyway for me it is. I was on a self propelled howitzer.
Hello there fellow Redleg, tinnitus, hearing loss... M198 and M777 towed howitzers.

OP
OP
GTGallop

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Not only arthritis the Tinnitus is real as well. Anyway for me it is. I was on a self propelled howitzer.
Somehow I ended up with that too. Not sure how because no Howitzers were harmed in the making of my hearing issues.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Somehow I ended up with that too. Not sure how because no Howitzers were harmed in the making of my hearing issues.
Are you married?:lipssealed:

OP
OP
GTGallop

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
:thumbsup: 25 Years.
I have the same hearing issues but the tinnitus is above normal speech range for me, but my wife has figured out my selective hearing after 50 years (this year) ;)

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
A big Me Too on the tinnitus and the carefully crafted selective hearing loss.

I lost about half my hearing in my left ear due to pneumonia.

My wife always seems to end up walking on my left side.

Probably part of the reason why we're happily married 30 years (I hope she doesn't read this forum ? )

And I'm an Air Force vet. Fly your flag proudly.

Sad thing today is that in some areas that flag would get your vehicle keyed.

STL_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4, 2010 Mustang GT 'vert
Occupation
Retired Navy
Having spent 23 years of service, I agree with the other veterans -- we served so you can put whatever kind of decals and stickers you want on your truck.

DuckDCoy

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I honestly don’t understand the self righteous attitude some veterans have. I’m the only person in my neighborhood that I’ve seen with my flag flying in front of my house. If a neighbor told me not to put one on my truck they’d get a nice earful of things they could insert into themselves.

Put a flag on your truck, your shirt, your house whatever, just put one somewhere. I’d rather see someone breaking flag code and flying one than not flying one at all.