www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Fly all 3 and under them make a sticker as a note with this :giggle:
To the People of Texas & All Americans in the World—
Fellow Citizens & compatriots—

I am besieged, by a thousand or more of the Mexicans under Santa Anna — I have sustained a continual Bombardment & cannonade for 24 hours & have not lost a man — The enemy has demanded a surrender at discretion, otherwise, the garrison are to be put to the sword, if the fort is taken — I have answered the demand with a cannon shot, & our flag still waves proudly from the walls — I shall never surrender or retreat. Then, I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid, with all dispatch — The enemy is receiving reinforcements daily & will no doubt increase to three or four thousand in four or five days. If this call is neglected, I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country —

Victory or Death.
William Barrett Travis.
Lt. Col. comdt.
Perfect for the rear window.
Sponsored

MyLittleRanger19

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
non-veteran here but i couldnt help putting these up. one on each side, opposite side is mirrored.
all of my veteran buddies (army, marines) love them and havent said a negative thing about them.

im trying to find a good location for texas flag(s). maybe one in the middle of the rear window?

20191026_154325.jpg

20191020_093117.jpg

20191020_093108.jpg

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
I agree with the other Vets here. Fly it proud! But for arguments sake here is the US Code.

4 U.S. Code § 8.Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
(a)The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
(b)The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
(c)The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
(d)The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
(e)The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
(f)The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
(g)The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
(h)The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
(i)The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
(j)No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
(k)The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

Source: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/4/8

OP
OP
GTGallop

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Your neighbor is is a hyper-sensitive moron. Rock whatever you want! ‘Murica!

JWP
Lt Col (Ret)
I did one better - I moved.

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
Your neighbor is an idiot. If you are concerned about his opinion, get the biggest flag you can get and mount it to your truck. Shut him up that way. You can express your opinion and feelings under the 1st Amendment. Its what we veterans swore to uphold and protect - your rights. Every American citizen has either served or had a relative serve in our armed forces. We are not as divided as some would want us to be. Honor the fallen, display the flag.
20200303_195445.jpg
Amen

Mike in UT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4, Hot Pepper Red, Tow pkg, Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau cover, Rhino Liner, Lift Gate Assist, Ford black running boards
Occupation
IT technician, retired soldier (11B, 19D)
You're an American too. Vets (like me) do NOT have a monopoly on the flag, or anything else, with the possible exception of arthritis.
We have LOTS of arthritis.
Which, honestly, you can have it if you want it.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
You're an American too. Vets (like me) do NOT have a monopoly on the flag, or anything else, with the possible exception of arthritis.
We have LOTS of arthritis.
Which, honestly, you can have it if you want it.
Do you need me to mail you some ibuprofen?

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I agree with the other Vets here. Fly it proud! But for arguments sake here is the US Code.

4 U.S. Code § 8.Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
(a)The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
(b)The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
(c)The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
(d)The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
(e)The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
(f)The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
(g)The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
(h)The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
(i)The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
(j)No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
(k)The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

Source: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/4/8
Flag code is like the pirate code, more of a guideline really.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Do you need me to mail you some ibuprofen?
A doctor told me that every 1 year in the infantry is equal to 5 years of damage on the body. I think he needs more than ibuprofen , maybe some Devils Lettuce :)

Mike in UT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4, Hot Pepper Red, Tow pkg, Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau cover, Rhino Liner, Lift Gate Assist, Ford black running boards
Occupation

Mike in UT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A doctor told me that every 1 year in the infantry is equal to 5 years of damage on the body. I think he needs more than ibuprofen , maybe some Devils Lettuce :)
Still employed by Uncle Sam, but in a different capacity, and I live in Utah, so that's an ixnay on the "left-handed cigarettes" as one of my former CSMs called them.

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
Was going to put a few muted American Flags on my truck right below the side vents. Was told by a neighbor that indicates former military (I'm not former mil, just patriotic) and that it would be "theft of honor."

Theft of Honor is definitely not my goal and neither is passing myself off as mil / ex-mil.

Is that really a thing? Only Military or Ex-Military should use the muted flag? I'm pretty sure it's covered by the first amendment but also not looking to ruffle any feathers - especially of those who served.
I believe that you taking the time to even ask the question speaks volumes about your honor, integrity, and character. Much respect. This is just one Veteran's opinion, I would never take offense or automatically assume that someone is/was military because of a decal on their vehicle. That said, go for it!

If you're going to wear some Class A's with jacked up awards, yeah, gonna have problems with that stolen valor.
Sponsored