Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Ok guys..NO MORE replies that don’t DIRECTLY relate to, or answer, his question! You are trying his patience! I mean, how much can a man take here. Geez.

And if someone could figure out what his original question was as well, that would be great..
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Ok guys..NO MORE replies that don’t DIRECTLY relate to, or answer, his question! You are trying his patience! I mean, how much can a man take here. Geez.

And if someone could figure out what his original question was as well, that would be great..
All because he said the word glare. It was probably offensive to someone. We come here for information and to get insulted for word choice....

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
His answer was in his original post. Amber for inclement weather, clear for driving.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
His answer was in his original post. Amber for inclement weather, clear for driving.
It could not Possibly be that simple!! Do you think maybe some say "amber" and some say "yellow" but they all mean the same thing?... Naaaaaaaw.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
It could not Possibly be that simple!! Do you think maybe some say "amber" and some say "yellow" but they all mean the same thing?... Naaaaaaaw.
I actually went back and reread his post. Some good fyi on lights. I love my dd3pros but to have a high/ low option would be great. Even aimed correctly they are bright to oncoming traffic in the city.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I actually went back and reread his post. Some good fyi on lights. I love my dd3pros but to have a high/ low option would be great. Even aimed correctly they are bright to oncoming traffic in the city.
Oh yes, He always has good actual information to put out, he just acts like a Horses A#$ unnecessarily to others. I do too though at times if I'm being honest.. Except mine is Necessary ?.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
You guys still don't get it and almost come off as being obtuse on purpose.

I even highlighted my question in as basic a method as I could;

What is the suspected lumen loss between yellow and amber?

BD said they selected yellow because the lumen loss was less than amber (orange hue)

The only thing pertaining to white light in my inquiry was noting that DD said lumen loss from white to yellow was about 15%, I then asked if the lumen loss was similar going from yellow to amber.

I asked because I am genuinely interested in the technical answer of the lumens difference between yellow and amber.

The current trend of yellow being called amber by some companies is not amber and never will be. It was simply the description hi-jacked by the industries to K.I.S.S. They know the average customer is not going to be able to keep up with something as simple as what yellow and amber is. So they just market it as amber because quite frankly, the average non-technical person will get in an argument with someone if something is called "soda" or "pop" or "iced tea" or "sweet tea".

This isn't hard. Your turn signal bulbs in your head lights are amber. Do your "amber" aftermarket lights look that color? No they don't.

This is amber:

IMG_20221211_080354.jpg

This is yellow (BD pods):

Amber-LED-Pods.jpg

Side by side color:

20210822_001019-jpg.jpg

0F3FEC36-D1FE-4DAF-9252-73779BB78195.jpeg

This is the same reason LAMIN-X offers amber and offers yellow as two completely separate colors.

age_8621290d-55ae-4788-86bf-fa6c5d9970da_2160x1730.jpg

I know usually I am pretty blunt, but now I am going to be very direct: Some of you have some serious reading comprehension problems. I'm not sure what the disconnect is, but your wiring all shot to shit and further re-enforces why companies just say "amber" because even people here are having a hard time understanding I am asking about two different colors and the lumens loss between those two colors and those two colors only. My inquiry has nothing to do with going from white to yellow or white to amber, it is specific in going from yellow to amber.

Last edited:

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I have yellow fogs, and amber in a light bar. The yellow is better for distance or light weather. The Amber cuts through the thick dust or fog much better, but doesn't reach far.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I have yellow fogs, and amber in a light bar. The yellow is better for distance or light weather. The Amber cuts through the thick dust or fog much better, but doesn't reach far.
Praise Jesus, someone posted that knows that yellow and amber are two completely different spectrums of color.

giphy.gif

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Devo.jpg

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You guys still don't get it and almost come off as being obtuse on purpose.

I even highlighted my question in as basic a method as I could;

What is the suspected lumen loss between yellow and amber?

BD said they selected yellow because the lumen loss was less than amber (orange hue)

The only thing pertaining to white light in my inquiry was noting that DD said lumen loss from white to yellow was about 15%, I then asked if the lumen loss was similar going from yellow to amber.

I asked because I am genuinely interested in the technical answer of the lumens difference between yellow and amber.

The current trend of yellow being called amber by some companies is not amber and never will be. It was simply the description hi-jacked by the industries to K.I.S.S. They know the average customer is not going to be able to keep up with something as simple as what yellow and amber is. So they just market it as amber because quite frankly, the average non-technical person will get in an argument with someone if something is called "soda" or "pop" or "iced tea" or "sweet tea".

This isn't hard. Your turn signal bulbs in your head lights are amber. Do your "amber" aftermarket lights look that color? No they don't.

This is amber:

IMG_20221211_080354.jpg

This is yellow (BD pods):

Amber-LED-Pods.jpg

Side by side color:

20210822_001019-jpg.jpg

0F3FEC36-D1FE-4DAF-9252-73779BB78195.jpeg

This is the same reason LAMIN-X offers amber and offers yellow as two completely separate colors.

age_8621290d-55ae-4788-86bf-fa6c5d9970da_2160x1730.jpg

I know usually I am pretty blunt, but now I am going to be very direct: Some of you have some serious reading comprehension problems. I'm not sure what the disconnect is, but your wiring all shot to shit and further re-enforces why companies just say "amber" because even people here are having a hard time understanding I am asking about two different colors and the lumens loss between those two colors and those two colors only. My inquiry has nothing to do with going from white to yellow or white to amber, it is specific in going from yellow to amber.
Sorry we’re just not as smart as you. We’ll try to do better. Please forgive.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry we’re just not as smart as you. We’ll try to do better. Please forgive.
Don't be like that, if you misunderstood what I was asking just say so, but this feigning nonsense, while I admit fun, just isn't necessary. Its the internet, no one knows no one, so why people are worried about pride is beyond me.

Also if I was smart, I wouldn't be in the job I am in, I'd be out making real money. So no, I am quite a dumbass in my own rights.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Don't be like that, if you misunderstood what I was asking just say so, but this feigning nonsense, while I admit fun, just isn't necessary. Its the internet, no one knows no one, so why people are worried about pride is beyond me.

Also if I was smart, I wouldn't be in the job I am in, I'd be out making real money. So no, I am quite a dumbass in my own rights.
Ya but you have a super speed license and all we have is a stupid radar detector...

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Ya but you have a super speed license and all we have is a stupid radar detector...
Most radar detectors don't actually work unless the department is using old bandwidth crap. New ones detect that matching frequency from your unit and it will shuffle frequency slightly to pickup on your speed. We can guess with pretty good certainty when someone is running one. Our unit will see you speed, then blip out to reading nothing for about 1 second, then your speed shows back up.

But good news, traffic ain't my thing so it wouldn't be me.

Edit: Sorry I should clarify, detector and jammer are different. Yes it is not hard for a detector to work, it just looks for the common radar company bands and when its detected, alerts you. Jammers are what I was referring to.
Sponsored