Akkon LED Low Beam Issue

AghastVenus1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
So I don't know if anyone else has come across this issue with other aftermarket lights, but on the AKKONs that I just installed about a month ago, I've discovered that the driver side low beam likes to cut out intermittently. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. The driver side low also comes on just a fraction of a second later than the passenger side when I turn them on. They're bi-led projectors so I don't think I'm overloading the circuit as it's the same chip for both high and low beams.

So my question is would adding a resistor to just that low beam circuit alleviate the issue, or is there something in Forscan I can modify that will help? It also seems (still skeptical) to work better in warmer temperatures and/or when I drive it more regularly.
Sponsored

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Could be a loose or bad connector somewhere, bad battery or alternator, or just a bad led. While leds are sensitive to power fluctuations a small capacitor could help absorb that. A resistor would only be needed if the truck thinks there is no bulb installed.

OP
OP
AghastVenus1

AghastVenus1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could be a loose or bad connector somewhere, bad battery or alternator, or just a bad led. While leds are sensitive to power fluctuations a small capacitor could help absorb that. A resistor would only be needed if the truck thinks there is no bulb installed.
Didn't think about a capacitor. I'll have to look into that one. I know it's not a bad connection because turning the lights off then on again real quick fixes it, and it shouldn't be a bad battery since the truck's only a year old and just crossed 10k miles.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Didn't think about a capacitor. I'll have to look into that one. I know it's not a bad connection because turning the lights off then on again real quick fixes it, and it shouldn't be a bad battery since the truck's only a year old and just crossed 10k miles.
Could be a bad led control board too. Does this happen after they have been on for a while? Maybe they are overheating.

OP
OP
AghastVenus1

AghastVenus1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could be a bad led control board too. Does this happen after they have been on for a while? Maybe they are overheating.
If it happens, it's usually about 20ish minutes of being on. I don't think they're overheating because from what I can tell they seem to perform better in warmer temperatures. We're still in winter here in Ohio, so I haven't had too many warmish mornings to test it. But it appears to not shut off when it's warmer than 45° out, and in the 30s it's almost guaranteed to.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Could be the cheap lights. Best to assume these are drop in LED's? If so get rid of them

Fazzie01

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Both of these happened with my Auxito's. The low beams flickered once every 5 minutes or so. And 1 high beam turns on a fraction of a second faster than the other.

I returned the low-beams and kept the high-beams due to beam pattern being worse than the low-beam halogens.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Considering the cost of oem led lights these are definitely a bargain. Are they still under warranty?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
So I don't know if anyone else has come across this issue with other aftermarket lights, but on the AKKONs that I just installed about a month ago, I've discovered that the driver side low beam likes to cut out intermittently. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. The driver side low also comes on just a fraction of a second later than the passenger side when I turn them on. They're bi-led projectors so I don't think I'm overloading the circuit as it's the same chip for both high and low beams.

So my question is would adding a resistor to just that low beam circuit alleviate the issue, or is there something in Forscan I can modify that will help? It also seems (still skeptical) to work better in warmer temperatures and/or when I drive it more regularly.
Resistors solves hyper blink on dash board...not what you're describing...maybe bad set? My drop ins have worked flawlessly for 100,000 miles...

OP
OP
AghastVenus1

AghastVenus1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Considering the cost of oem led lights these are definitely a bargain. Are they still under warranty?
Especially when you consider I exploited 5 different rewards programs and actually only paid $30 out of pocket. I bought them off Amazon and got the 3 year protection plan. If all else fails, I can fall back on that. But I'd rather try to avoid the hassle of having to tear the front end of my truck apart 2 more times if possible.
Sponsored