John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Its held with 3m and some adhesive they provide. Pretty intuitive. Directions come in the box. I too was concerned about air escaping & rain but no issues with rain, nor noise. It does rain alot here even though lately we've had a dry spell. Also havent seen any issues with defrost since this scoop doesn't fully go all the way up to affect it. Hope this helps!
Thanks. But intuitive as their website is limited on docs, descripts, etc.
I tried to enhance your front shot but could not lighten it enough. Can stuff get under the front or is there like a dam in front under it. Or ?

Reactions: BB3

jsiedle1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew
OP
OP
BB3

BB3

First Name
Baldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. But intuitive as their website is limited on docs, descripts, etc.
I tried to enhance your front shot but could not lighten it enough. Can stuff get under the front or is there like a dam in front under it. Or ?
There is no opening so its pretty sealed if you install it right. The grill shape in the front helps you to install it right. Only one way it fits sealed due to the shape of the hood body lines.

20190927_180804.jpg

20190927_180949.jpg

20190927_180932.jpg

20190927_180940.jpg

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Fantastic! That was a big help. Appreciate it.

There is no opening so its pretty sealed if you install it right. The grill shape in the front helps you to install it right. Only one way it fits sealed due to the shape of the hood body lines.

20190927_180804.jpg

20190927_180949.jpg

20190927_180932.jpg

20190927_180940.jpg

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I really like the air design hood scoop.
I also like the fender flares being smooth. Not a fan of fake bolts.
Truck looks great.

I am guessing the hood scoop is paintable since the Air Design vehicle has a white one.

If I get a Ranger I would really like the hood scoop. My worry to was stuff could get under it like salt which is used here all the time.
I would probably seal it with some silicon sealant here where there was gaps in the tape.

OP
OP
BB3

BB3

First Name
Baldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the air design hood scoop.
I also like the fender flares being smooth. Not a fan of fake bolts.
Truck looks great.

I am guessing the hood scoop is paintable since the Air Design vehicle has a white one.

If I get a Ranger I would really like the hood scoop. My worry to was stuff could get under it like salt which is used here all the time.
I would probably seal it with some silicon sealant here where there was gaps in the tape.
Thanks man! I think youll love it. I wrapped mine for now until i get the funds to get it painted. The kit already comes with sealant, but its only as good as you do the job. If done right i think youll be good. I havent seen any issues with it.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
@BB3, Got the scoop painted and installed. Only thing bugging me is water pools in the voids near the windshield. Other than hand drying or take it on a quick start, you figure out anything to stop it? Surprised the manufacturer didn't think of it...
scoop2_800.jpg

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed the air design hood scoop. Perfect fit and easy to mount on. I have it wrapped for now, but plan to get it painted soon! I'm digging it!! Air Designs also offers a 10% discount to military.

20190915_004432.jpg
Need a bumper extension for those front flares. Just doesn't look right the way they end above the bumper.

OP
OP
BB3

BB3

First Name
Baldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Need a bumper extension for those front flares. Just doesn't look right the way they end above the bumper.
I know!!! Still waiting for someone to make them at a decent price!!

OP
OP
BB3

BB3

First Name
Baldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
@BB3, Got the scoop painted and installed. Only thing bugging me is water pools in the voids near the windshield. Other than hand drying or take it on a quick start, you figure out anything to stop it? Surprised the manufacturer didn't think of it...
scoop2_800.jpg
Looks great man!! Yeah, i have the same problem. It bugs me too. Surprised they didn't think of that before. So what i do is i just get on it and slam on the brakes a little, lol.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
scoop2_800.jpg
Hi John,

This is a styling decision you made. Ford Styling and Ford Marketing decides these appearance items. There are quite a few hoodscoops in Ford's history, The Ranger was not one of them for some reason. That is why the aftermarket can address "nitch" products that mainstream is not interested to have on their vehicle. For example...I have passing interest in Pebble Beach for those top drawer restored vehicles that are not driven but trailered everywhere...Drive the vehicles.... Not my cup of tea...but others are crazy about this. So if you like the look as others do, enjoy it but please do not malign the vehicle manufacturer for not supporting your personal taste... Henry Ford almost tanked the company with his personal taste, "you can have any color you like on your Ford as long as it is black"...personal taste almost resulted in the company going the way of American Motors, Alburn, Cord and so on...

Best,
Phi Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored