Filling in the holes on Air Design Fender Flares

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (previously 2012 Ford SVT Raptor)
How bad do you want these? Any good fabricator could modify the steel Ranger bumper by fabricating steel weld on extensions or just by widening the bumper.... and then it wouldn't look like an add on at all.
I’m not so desperate to pay a lot for a modified bumper. I ran ADD front and rear bumpers on my Ford Raptor, and could buy the ADD bumper for my Ranger. They aren’t perfectly as wide as the extended flares on the Ranger and they’re quite expensive. It seems like there’s a cost effective option waiting to emerge...

I believe the Ranger Raptor bumper is a possibility, just not sure if it would be a direct bolt-on to the US Ranger. At least a vendor could offer a similar bumper for our Rangers.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (previously 2012 Ford SVT Raptor)
Here’s a US 2019 Ranger that was modified with imported fenders from an overseas vendor. They added an Addictive Desert Designs front bumper that was modified to fit the wider flares. I contacted ADD and they won’t customize their bumpers, this work was done by the shop building this Ranger.

468B8E52-3F6A-4B9C-AB95-D11BCC04AE29.png

Jgarrett

First Name
jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
FBI
So, I absolutely hate fender flares that have a "bolt-on look." As such, I have to choose between Bushwhackers that leave that silly open area at the bumper (seriously, NOBODY saw that during the design phase?) Or go with Air Design, and have to deal with the fake bolts.

But I had an idea!

There are two possible fixes I have thought of:

1. Bondo the holes over so it's smooth in that regard. Problem is, that seems like a lot of bondo.

2. 3D print filler pieces and put them in the holes. This would require a bit more work, but would be much cleaner.

What do you guys think? Any tips or tricks to pursue options 1 or 2? Any ideas that I have missed?

Thanks!
You don't want the Air Design flares in your case. It's not a matter of filling the holes. Their "super bolts" are patented and functional. They attach to threaded studs which are adhesive bonded to the body panel. I'm getting my set next week. Cannot wait.
Sponsored