Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Cross posting this from my build thread in case people don't peruse that section - I installed my Bushwacker OE-Style smooth finish fender flares today. I went with the thinner version that I haven't seen elsewhere yet and I'm quite pleased. They truly do look almost OEM. Here's the set I got in case anyone is interested - https://www.bushwacker.com/bushwacker-20955-02-oe-style-fender-flares-front-and-rear

What do you guys think?

I'll also have an install video up soonish. :sunglasses: EDIT: Video is up!

MabcWwW.jpg

ou2k9EN.jpg

fDKYsMh.jpg

Sponsored

Last edited:

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I like it !!! How difficult were they to install ? I may put these on mine, but painted the body color. Just enough to help cover the slight offset difference that will help keep my new wheels (when I get them) covered....only a +35mm offset vs the stock +55mm. Also a perfect time to tint the marker light.

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Like those! Clean look!

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I like it !!! How difficult were they to install ? I may put these on mine, but painted the body color. Just enough to help cover the slight offset difference that will help keep my new wheels (when I get them) covered....only a +35mm offset vs the stock +55mm. Also a perfect time to tint the marker light.
They were super easy to install... The hardest part was getting the rubber trim on the fender flares. Other than that its really straight forward. Install video should be up shortly so you can see the process from start to finish.
Like those! Clean look!
Thanks! I agree! :D

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Those look great! They look like they match the grille really well.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
How wide is they?

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I'd consider these. The others are too much.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Just realized the factory mud flaps won't work with these..... boo.

HarryD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4X4 SuperCrew Magnetic Lariat Sport
Josh,
These flares look very good and I am especially liking that they are very OEM looking.
I watched your installation video and am not clear about one thing.
It looks like you are removing and re-using the factory fasteners, but do the new flares go over or actually replace the factory flares?
Also, if these actually replace the factory flares, wouldn't the factory splash guards still work?

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightning Blue Lariat FX4
Those look infinitely better than the bolt-on look ones. Do you have a straight-on picture that shows how much the stick out? On the bolt-on flares the overhang looks really stupid from the front. I wish someone would make a smooth style that tapers slightly in the front to better match the bumper, but these look to be not as noticeable. Between your grill, wheels, and flares, your Ranger is starting to look probably as close as it can to a Raptor Ranger without replacing body panels. Looks great! I want to do almost the exact same thing and maybe also add the Air Design side vents.

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Those look infinitely better than the bolt-on look ones. Do you have a straight-on picture that shows how much the stick out? On the bolt-on flares the overhang looks really stupid from the front. I wish someone would make a smooth style that tapers slightly in the front to better match the bumper, but these look to be not as noticeable. Between your grill, wheels, and flares, your Ranger is starting to look probably as close as it can to a Raptor Ranger without replacing body panels. Looks great! I want to do almost the exact same thing and maybe also add the Air Design side vents.
Thanks! Here's a couple shots that I have on me, if you're looking for something more specific let me know!

4hJRzXB.jpg

FvBdDE2.jpg

CoozWmK.jpg

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Josh,
These flares look very good and I am especially liking that they are very OEM looking.
I watched your installation video and am not clear about one thing.
It looks like you are removing and re-using the factory fasteners, but do the new flares go over or actually replace the factory flares?
Also, if these actually replace the factory flares, wouldn't the factory splash guards still work?
Hey! Sorry, I missed this question... Yes, the factory flares stay in place as they are still held on with clips that go into the fenders, these flares simply go over them. I don't have a set of the factory splash guards or I'd give it a whirl, but my thinking is that they wont work due to the added width of the flare and it not being the same shape as factory. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Sponsored