First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I would have a hard time trusting some cheap Amazon seat heater kits like that. Pacific Restyling makes high quality seat heater kits and they now have material that is fireproof.

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
I would have a hard time trusting some cheap Amazon seat heater kits like that. Pacific Restyling makes high quality seat heater kits and they now have material that is fireproof.
I bought a Heat Demon very similar to what you are looking at, simple on off switch to use on my bike and it gets too hot so found another one that has a hi low switch and relay that works perfectly. For the install, I sandwiched the heat pad between two pieces of thin carpet that does not have a backing and slipped it in my Airhawk seat cover. It would be interesting to see the quality difference between these cheap heaters and a high end model and would definitely not want to go to all the work for a proper install and have it not work to your satisfaction.

OP
OP
T-Wrecks

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
The carbon heating elements look pretty much the same and easy to install. Even the "high quality" Pacific kit is only $56! I'd get stuck on where to draw power from and how/where to put in the rocker switches. I really just need to do the drivers seat since 98% of the time I't just me.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I’d really like add heated seats to the back seats... my wife quite often rides back there with my daughter.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I’d really like add heated seats to the back seats... my wife quite often rides back there with my daughter.
I have two cooling-only seat cushions in my Escape (car has factory heated seats) that are made by this company. They also make a heat- only cushion. They seem to hold up pretty well. We took a 2-week car trip through the Southwest last year and never had any issues.
https://www.amazon.com/Cushion-Leve...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
One more thing to keep in mind with adding on seat heaters in your seats, is to watch out for occupancy sensors. Some of them cannot be covered with any type of heating element. I have run into this a few times when installing aftermarket seat heaters.

docarter

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS; Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADA
The carbon heating elements look pretty much the same and easy to install. Even the "high quality" Pacific kit is only $56! I'd get stuck on where to draw power from and how/where to put in the rocker switches. I really just need to do the drivers seat since 98% of the time I't just me.
I'd probably sacrifice one of the 12v interior power ports and either replace it with a blank or figure out some other way to repurpose the hole.
Sponsored