rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone make progress towards installing aftermarket head unit/bezel? I’m not interested in the $1800 OEM Sync3 packages.

I contacted Carbon Car Systems and they think differences in US Ranger will make this kit incompatible:

https://carboncarsystems.com.au/sho...ions/kenwood-ddx9019dabs-for-ford-ranger-px2/

The Kenwood would be a nice option and retains the steering wheel controls/oem backup cam, promising that it’s been done in some form on this platform.

If Rangers sales continue to be healthy I think it’s only a matter of time before someone steps up, the electrical side of things is outside my skill set so it won’t be me haha.
Sponsored

BGDOGY

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 crew cab
I would contact PAC audio, they make kits for all the other Fords to replace the SYNC 3 systems. I don't see one for the Ranger yet, but if anyone will make one, it will be them.

OP
OP
rooster

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My latest findings ... no official products yet from Metra, PAC or idatalink.
Stock XL bezel should be usable with some modification and maybe a 3D printed trim ring.
Backup camera is probably salvageable with appropriate cable, might need a filter.

This guy got pretty far with the F-150 harness/firmware from itdatalink, Ranger specific firmware would be needed for steering wheel controls and parking assist I think.

r2t2k2

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I dealt with this same issue on my ‘18 JKU. I was an “early adopter” for an Alpine X209 with a 9” screen. It was PITA at first, but now that everything has stabilized I’m loving it. So for my Ranger it was a no brainer for the larger Sync3 screen w/o nav. I purchased a slightly used nave piggyback (I think it was from a wrecked ‘18 Lincoln). My VIN was married to the unit my the vendor. It was simple task and well worth it. The Ranger plays nice with my network and so far (knock on wood) the updates have been painless while the Alpine is a pain and I have to take it back to the shop and let them update it.

OP
OP
rooster

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
New mounting kits from Metra in the 2020 What's New guide.

Still waiting on an official harness / interface I think, I've only seen partial integration using the F-150 kits.

If the idatalink Maestro RR adds support it will be an easy win for the DMH-C5500NEX.
metra-99-5857B.png

metra-108-FD9B.png

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I would love to be the one to try and mod one to fit but...I dont wanna lose any controls? the sync3 interface is?

OP
OP
rooster

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Gwillie

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
I bought one because there were only 2 in stock was worried when the 99-5857b kit dropped i wouldnt be able to get one
Its actually the AXTC-FD2 we need metra and axxess updated everything now guess i gotta return it ?

OP
OP
rooster

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Its actually the AXTC-FD2 we need metra and axxess updated everything now guess i gotta return it ?
Dang it ... i'm holding out bit longer to see if the idatalink Maestro gets Ranger firmware.

Gwillie

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Dang it ... i'm holding out bit longer to see if the idatalink Maestro gets Ranger firmware.
I seen metra has the install instructions for the dash kit on there now so should ship soon

Gwillie

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Heads up your local audio shops can order the metra 99-5857b kits got mine ordered today should be here monday or tuesday.

Steven D Tipton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX Supercew & Ranger XLT SuperCrew
My latest findings ... no official products yet from Metra, PAC or idatalink.
Stock XL bezel should be usable with some modification and maybe a 3D printed trim ring.
Backup camera is probably salvageable with appropriate cable, might need a filter.

This guy got pretty far with the F-150 harness/firmware from itdatalink, Ranger specific firmware would be needed for steering wheel controls and parking assist I think.

I bought one because there were only 2 in stock was worried when the 99-5857b kit dropped i wouldnt be able to get one
Heads up your local audio shops can order the metra 99-5857b kits got mine ordered today should be here monday or tuesday.

Do you have any close up pictures of actual kit. Thanks