Sponsored

Steven D Tipton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX Supercew & Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Thanks. Looks better than what I thought. Kinda of like the beveled look on girlfriends XLT but that should work. I'm planning on going with aftermarket but do you know if the sync 3 8 inch will fit that bezel. I really do appreciate you post in the picture thanks.

Gwillie

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Thanks. Looks better than what I thought. Kinda of like the beveled look on girlfriends XLT but that should work. I'm planning on going with aftermarket but do you know if the sync 3 8 inch will fit that bezel. I really do appreciate you post in the picture thanks.
You could just by the factory bezel if your going to use a sync 3 screen

Steven D Tipton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX Supercew & Ranger XLT SuperCrew
You could just by the factory bezel if your going to use a sync 3 screen
I'm undecided at this point that's why the metra would be a good option if I could go either way. I actually did the sync upgrade from 4 to 8. I liked it but wasn't happy with the gray bezel or having the extra heated seats and rear defroster on control panel. The metra would allow me to retain my current control panel. I noticed the other fella said you could get the upper bezel and has a video with a part number but I'm not having any luck.I did send him a message hopefully he responds and if I can get the upper and black I'll probably just use that and still order the metra..hope that's all understandable I'm in the garage I own a repair shop. knee deep in Grease right now. Thanks again

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Gwillie, Did you do install yourself? Does your factory back up camera work and if so do you have to do anything special? Which harness did you use? The axxess AXTC-FD2 says it doesnt incorporate the factory camera.

Gwillie

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Gwillie, Did you do install yourself? Does your factory back up camera work and if so do you have to do anything special? Which harness did you use? The axxess AXTC-FD2 says it doesnt incorporate the factory camera.
Youll need the ax-addcam-fd1 to retain backup camera

OP
OP
rooster

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
NIce! It's all coming together ... I'm waiting to free up some cash to do this myself.

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Yes if you want to retain reverse camera
Couldn’t get the camera working for the life of me. I had a pro installer helping and we couldn’t get it. After a few calls to metra the ac-addcam-fd1 is for adding camera to factory System not retaining it after a aftermarket install.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
you can hardwire to the camera harness using an RCA and 6 volt step down. it is a common issue for cars that don't have a compatible harness

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
you can hardwire to the camera harness using an RCA and 6 volt step down. it is a common issue for cars that don't have a compatible harness
I was watching videos yesterday. Not sure if anyone has done this and can shed some light to which direction they went and parts used. Few ways to go about it part wise. Also for anyone else that swapped system for aftermarket did you use anything special for the usb? My radio has a standard usb connection not the micro. I have the alpine with the amp stacked on it so I need to find a right angle connection for it to fit.

edelatorre10

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4 Magnetic
Occupation
Registered Nurse
idatalink showing Ranger as compatible now... time to take the plunge.

ranger-rr2.png
So does this mean that you're able to retain all of your factory options on the aftermarket stereo? Sorry new to the chat but this is my next upgrade to my Ranger.
Sponsored